I have big plans for the future:

RLTC £695.00

Thor FCD £70.00

1st+2nd Catless pipes/1.2 Bar Restrictor Ring £185.00

Nur Spec R Exhaust £445.00

Walbro Fuel Pump £95.00

HKS SSQV BOV £215.00

PHR Street / Race Shortblock £5,750.00

Greddy T88 Turbo £3,141.00 (Undecided...)

AEM Replacement ECU £1,045.00

PHR Stage 4 Fuel System Upgrade £2,325.01

Greddy FMIC £950.00

Thats my current plans, going to do it all myself!

Others include respray in candy blue, engine bling, ICE and other aesthetics, but POWER FIRST!!! :D

:eyebrows::eyebrows:

-BSB

Originally Posted by Big_Single_Bob viewpost.gif

Thor FCD £70.00

1st+2nd Catless pipes/1.2 Bar Restrictor Ring £185.00

PHR Street / Race Shortblock £5,750.00

Greddy T88 Turbo £3,141.00

AEM

You need to do a lot more homework mate.

i've excluded boost cont. afr gauge. egt gauge etc... i have done my homework. :D it would be stupid not to put any gauges in! i`m not new to big power, just new to supra. didnt see the point in typing all the other stuff up.
I wasn't referring to what you hadn't put. :)

A few things I noticed from what you did put:

You won't be using a FCD with a stand-alone ECU like the AEM.

And I don't know of any single turbo Supra that is using a restrictor ring.

Do you need a new short block? If so, do you think £5-6k is good value?

Also, as mentioned above, the T88 is a dinosaur. Much better turbos are available these days.

Good luck with it though mate. If you're serious about doing it the right way you will get a lot of help from the guys on here - but for gawd's sake do your homework first.

I wasn't referring to what you hadn't put. :)

A few things I noticed from what you did put:

You won't be using a FCD with a stand-alone ECU like the AEM.

And I don't know of any single turbo Supra that is using a restrictor ring.

Do you need a new short block? If so, do you think £5-6k is good value?

Also, as mentioned above, the T88 is a dinosaur. Much better turbos are available these days.

Good luck with it though mate. If you're serious about doing it the right way you will get a lot of help from the guys on here - but for gawd's sake do your homework first.

No FCD on a standalone ECU because you can remap I assume.... My bad... thanks and why don't single turbo supra's use restrictor rings? I think a new short block isn't entirely necessary but I think if i'm going to go big like 900+ BHP then a new shortblock may be beneficial.

No FCD on a standalone ECU because you can remap I assume.... My bad... thanks and why don't single turbo supra's use restrictor rings? I think a new short block isn't entirely necessary but I think if i'm going to go big like 900+ BHP then a new shortblock may be beneficial.

The fuel cut is configurable on a standalone as is everything else.

You dont need a restrictor ring as when you choose your turbo you should also get a properly sized wastegate.

As for 900+ BHP, are you building a drag car as any turbo sized for that sort of power will be awful on the road :thumbs:

The only reason for use of a restrictor ring is for stock twins.When the cats are removed from the exhaust system the stock wastegate cannot hold the boost down as it is too small(jap spec cars).The restrictor ring prevents the stock system over boosting and doing damage to the engine through detonation or over spinning the turbos.

When installing a single turbo kit you fit an external wastegate which is more than capable of controlling boost.

So the restrictor ring is only needed on jap spec cars at BPU level.

if you want to make 900+ bhp easily go the whole hog and get a T6 turbo kit(GT47-88 upwards) this would be a total dog to drive on the road though.

That would be like getting a T67 and running it at 400bhp, pointless:d

Welcome Bob :)

What is your main requirement from Supra-

Drag Car?

Dyno Queen?

Track car?

Street car?

or a bit of all the above, which make things harder :D

You not mentioned any head work, cams, springs, etc.

I'm getting HKS cams, its going to be a street car, but high powered :D

The clutch will be awful at that kinda power I know but... I like the power...

So lets assume that I start with a BPU, if I don't wanna fit a restrictor ring, I can just fit an external wastegate?

-BSB

You could get near your BHP aims with these and save a lot of money in the process:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=147199

I believe the fellow selling them is an absolute gent too, he's also just down the M62.

Unfortunately at the moment it just sounds as though you've stumbled across a site selling parts, made a list of the most expensive items plus a few others for fun and not really worked out what you actually need to get to where you want to be. As has been said already more homework needed, buy the turbos above and build the rest around them ;)

I'm getting HKS cams, its going to be a street car, but high powered :D

The clutch will be awful at that kinda power I know but... I like the power...

So lets assume that I start with a BPU, if I don't wanna fit a restrictor ring, I can just fit an external wastegate?

-BSB

Not only the clutch you have to worrie about, think about the massive lag with a massive turbo.

You say you have experience with high power vehicles, may I ask you what cars you had previously?

Cheers,

Nicolai

Welcome to the club Bob :thumbs:

You also won't need the decat pipes on your list, the fit of the downpipe and mid pipe is completely different with a single turbo kit. Most kits will include down pipe and mid pipes to fit.

Also a Walbro pump won't support 900hp

If I can help with any advise/recommendations, please feel free to pm me.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)