The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Apexi Power Intake - Filter size / universal fitment?

Pabs

Hey all,

I've looked at all the various threads about induction kits, and I know the standard box provides a very good solution.

However, I have a Blitz induction kit on my car. I'm happy with it, but was wondering if it was possible to fit an Apexi power intake filter on the end instead, providing me with better filtration as shown here:

http://www.raceweb.co.za/Articles/airfilters/induction.htm

Whether or not this is gospel I don't know, but seems to be the link everyone provides when talking about induction kits.

So, does anyone know the size of the apexi filter (diameter of connection to hardpipe) and perhaps a supplier of a universal apexi filter that I could swap over with?

I've seen this here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300220878395&Category=36680&_trksid=p3907.m29

Which seemed ok - but I have no idea if this is a good price or not (can't find it elsewhere) and if it will fit without the extra adapter.

Cheers!

Guest GANGSTA

im in a similar situation as your self! i have a no brand air filter that came with my supra but wanted to switch it over to an apexi one! my question is do different brands use different adaptors or it a supra specific thing??

am i making sense??

Guys,

I'm not bothered about the bhp gain of these things, I know they make next to no difference.

All I'm trying to do is to replace the filter on mine for a new filter, and one that I hear is supposed to be good. I'm hopefully going to be doing some work on my car this weekend, and will measure the current filter I have - and from looking at these Apexi filters it seems they are 80mm? I will have to check though, but I can't find a supplier other than the ebay link (for the UK anyway)

With regards to the hot-air thing - yes - you are right - if they are not properly shielded then they will probably not be very effective. However I also have some heat shielding.