The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A passenger in your own car..

edge

Had a few beers but wanted to go out so i let a mate take me out in the supe.

He drives it very well (owns a bpu uk auto) and takes good care of her but gives it rice when needed.

Its a nice feeling going out as a passenger with someone you trust driving her and giving it a good old trashing and still feel comfortable.

Not many people i would let drive my supra so feel privileged ;)

So who do you let drive yours?

The only person I let drive my car (after the T67 install) was Class One. It was scary how fast it seemed from the passenger seat, but he's a far better driver than me so was never worried about the ability side of things... I'd never let any of my mates outside the club drive even a TT supra though!

It's strange really as I've driven over well over 40 members Supra's and none have ever seemed (too) nervous about it :blink:

Had a few beers but wanted to go out so i let a mate take me out in the supe.

He drives it very well (owns a bpu uk auto) and takes good care of her but gives it rice when needed.

Its a nice feeling going out as a passenger with someone you trust driving her and giving it a good old trashing and still feel comfortable.

Not many people i would let drive my supra so feel privileged ;)

So who do you let drive yours?

I do feel privileged, although i couldn't find the heated seat button?!;)

The only person I let drive my car (after the T67 install) was Class One. It was scary how fast it seemed from the passenger seat, but he's a far better driver than me so was never worried about the ability side of things... I'd never let any of my mates outside the club drive even a TT supra though!

It's strange really as I've driven over well over 40 members Supra's and none have ever seemed (too) nervous about it :blink:

I was quite nervous in your old car but at the same time relaxed, wheel spinning in 4th in the bone dry. Too much of a rush to worry.:eyebrows:

I have never been a passenger in the sup although there is probably a couple of people i would trust having been a passenger in there cars.

Well you know weston is the place to come then. LOL

Only person i let drive/borrow my cars is my best mate/buisness partner and brother inlaw to be:D Stuart, very good driver, nearly as good as me although he did spin the monaro on his second bend at Marham:d

Pics? go on, shame him LOL

Overrated all this changing gear nonsence;)

P.s Your vidoes were terrible! Ones ok tho.

Would help if the camera had life in it.

Only person i let drive/borrow my cars is my best mate/buisness partner and brother inlaw to be:D Stuart, very good driver, nearly as good as me although he did spin the monaro on his second bend at Marham:d

Stuart is, erm, pretty confident behind the wheel :innocent: Only just managed to keep up with his Ferrari at 140mph round a tight motorway merge on the way to pod :D

Stuart is, erm, pretty confident behind the wheel :innocent: Only just managed to keep up with his Ferrari at 140mph round a tight motorway merge on the way to pod :D

Good laugh that day, James had loads of problems with his car as usual :D

Good laugh that day, James had loads of problems with his car as usual :D

Most of those problems ended up on the front of my car. Good job it was black to begin with :D Great drive though, and one I won't forget for a long time :)

Today I was a passenger in my previous T67. After a break from Supra's all I can say is My God it's fast :blink: Thankfully the owner is of the non-loon type so only booted it on the straights, but that was enough for me to laugh like a little kid when it was on boost :D

going from the first post -

im only 15, and yes i have my own car, not a supra but a toyota atleast, i knew who owned it before, and i had been in touch with him for about a year before i bougtht it, i know the problems its got.

my neighbour, being a mechanic showed me how to fit a new cam cover and replace the seals, i asked if he could give it a quick spin up the road as it would be sorn from the next day onwards, so he gave it some almighty beans up the road, i was shitting it cos i know its brake discs and pads have seen better days and are fit for the bin :S

only other person to drive it while i have owned it is my mum ,and that was reversing off the drive, turning around and reversing it back on :D

next step, ME behind the wheel

I've let my mates have a go but I was a little stressed whenever they powered it. It's a weird one as I wasn't concerned for my saftey, just the cars!

Jody also drives it when it's in interpro for it's hols and I am very doubtful if he adopts the Miss Daisy approach. :eyebrows:

I've let my folks drive mine before :) Dads been fine with it so far and I haven't been worried yet lol.... Mum on the other hand kerbed my passanger side wheels when I was in it, funny she hasn't driven it since, she was so upset for doing so and so was I lol .... :(