The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sick of the old dash, decided to paint it! :D - (pics)

Jim_1979

Sick of the piss poor look of my dash. Luckily for me the previous owner had gone to all the hard work of removing all the horrible rubber coating.

So here it is so far.......

It's goin ok upto now. The largest part could do with being rubbed down again and painted as it's reacted in a little area.

It's a vauxhall colour called Moonland. I like it so much I'm thinking of doing the centres of my Axis Milanos the same and keeping the polished lip.

It should hopefully be all back in the car tomorrow! :D

You know....

I forgot about the top section!!! lmao.

DOH!!!!

What's the best way to paint it with the odometer etc in there. Or does it all come off? (it's in the car and I'm in the house).

I'll get that done in the morning

Can't believe I bluddy forgot to paint that bit?!?!?!?!?!?

Also, what about the plasit bits on the doors around the buttons? How do those come out?

cheers!

yeh it all unscrews at the back just cover up the plastic covers where the icons show up. dont use selotape like me, leaves a horrid residue behind :-(

im not sure how the door bit comes off although i had the door card off the other day and forgot to look as i wanted to do the drivers side window control area to continue with the colour scheme

I'm gonna rub it all down tomorrow then use some high build primer and paint again.

There's a few marks/scratches that the primer/paint havn't managed to cover up that the high build primer will be able to.

Oh well.... will be good in the end. I could put it in the car as is, but I want it to look perfecto! :)

Here's some pics of it fitted...

The finish isn't amazing as the high build primer I bought to sort it had a duff nozzle, so I just went ahead and laquered it as I couldn't be bothered to go back to the shop! lol.

Looks miles better than the old tired dash though. I think I'll just take it to a bodyshop in the near future and get it painted properly.