The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre recommendations please

steb9780

Can anyone recommend some decent rears for the Supra please, and maybe somewhere that does a good price too.

Looking for 2 x 265/35 ZR18's.

I currently have Falkens on the FK451's, I have heard some good things about the 452's. It's about that sort of budget I am looking at.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Can anyone recommend some decent rears for the Supra please, and maybe somewhere that does a good price too.

Looking for 2 x 265/35 ZR18's.

I currently have Falkens on the FK451's, I have heard some good things about the 452's. It's about that sort of budget I am looking at.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Just bought two Falkens 452's at £95 each this week. 255/35/18s

from this place http://www.camskill.co.uk/index.php

Your size is only £5 more

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s66p6222

Had them fitted this morning :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=149154

I've only ever found the 452's in that sort of price range TBH - they seem to be a fair chunk cheaper than other brands. Toyo T1-R's came a close 2nd in price, and then Goodyear assymetrics and Brigestone Potenza's were just a little out of my budget.

Anybody tried the Dunlop's that Ibrar had on offer, I think they were SP9000 or something?

I have them on the back of my NA and the grip is superb. I paid £241 for two tyres at AM tyres in Pemberton, Wigan. That price was inclusive of vat. I don't think they do a 265 though?

I've got 255/35/18's on mine!

I will be getting the same for the front soon as I have cheapy cheapy cheap cheaps on the front.

H.

Cheers mate, I might be tempted to try a set of these. I think Ibrar had an offer on a while back and they were just over a ton a piece.

How do they wear? I have had 18 months out of the Falken's, which I don't think is too bad, although I only do about 6k per year.

Cheers mate, I might be tempted to try a set of these. I think Ibrar had an offer on a while back and they were just over a ton a piece.

How do they wear? I have had 18 months out of the Falken's, which I don't think is too bad, although I only do about 6k per year.

I only had mine put on 3k ago and I've never checked th tread.....:innocent: I'll go outside after and have a look.

AM in Wigan were £102 + Vat. I'm going back to get the fronts 235/40/18's and they are £94 + vat!

I really rate the Dunlops. I have really struggled to get the back end to lose grip since fitting these. They are actually better in the wet than in the dry which I think is wierd!!

H.