The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jacking up the supe.. need some help!

Firestorm

rite im not sure if i asked this b4 and im at work so i gotta be quick and searching takes to long..

please please somebody point me in the righte directions for some supe axel stand thingys that are teh correct wieght to take it and advise me on a suitable place to put them when i do this.. i really dont have much of clue when it comes this..

cheers

:search:

Indeed. Any normal axle stands from High Street store will suffice. Ones that have a built-in recess for the side rails are best. Get down on your knees and have a look under the side, the jacking points and stand points are just to the front and rear of the rear and front tyres, there'll be two little notchs in the rail to indicate the area.

If you're using the boot jack all is well, if you have a trolley jack with a flat sole-plate then you WILL need a piece of hefty angle iron to place in V between car and jack, else you will flatten the side rails.

Indeed. Any normal axle stands from High Street store will suffice. Ones that have a built-in recess for the side rails are best. Get down on your knees and have a look under the side, the jacking points and stand points are just to the front and rear of the rear and front tyres, there'll be two little notchs in the rail to indicate the area.

If you're using the boot jack all is well, if you have a trolley jack with a flat sole-plate then you WILL need a piece of hefty angle iron to place in V between car and jack, else you will flatten the side rails.

dude you sir are absolute legend! thank you so much! i had this horrible feeling tha normal stands werent strong enuff. i shall get myself some. however i dont have an OEM jack stand.. well infact i dotn think i even have one that came with the car LOL .. will another normal jack work or i have got issues there too. ?

ah get over it.. i was rushing!! i type pretty fast and searching means have to dig through different posts.! damn is anyone actually happy on this forum!! smile people is friday and we have a long weekend!

thanks for the stuff btw! :D

not getting into a war of words bud but the majority of your posts are just grumpy moody ones slating other users and basically looking down at them.. so you tell me otherwise?..im now back frm work so liturally get over it and move one. i appreciate the help if i didnt i wouldnt be on here asking!

haha maybe so dude maybe so.. then again.. and please remeber i appreciate your help lol but u dont have to post.. i am glad u did cos it helped me out.. but then again i didnt think the comments afterwards werent needed.. when i first read it i was like ooh what a legend then i finished it and i was like rite well that was like heres a dollar but im gonna stab u in the back just for asking.