The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi guys!

JamieS

Hi everyone,

How's everybody doing?

I don't have a Supra yet, but have been looking for a while now. Plenty of really lovely one's about, especially on here ;) but I'm looking for a UK spec.

And to make things even more complicated, it can't have any engine mods, body kits etc are fine, but the insurers don't like any performance mods. I've tried A Plan, Sky, Aon etc and they all say no, or want silly money. :(

Any UK Spec owners fancy selling me their car? Pretty please? (worth a try!)

Not too bothered about whether it's auto or manual, or the colour really, after all beggars can't be choosers. I would like less than 100k on the clock though.

Anyway, just thought I should say hi.

Thanks

Jamie

:wave: Welcome Jamie

With that sort of budget you shouldnt have trouble with a stock UK TT price wise but an unmolested version is a rare beast. Manual or auto btw? Manual's are even rarer :search: Good luck with your search :thumbs:

Linda

Ideally manual, but I can live with an auto.

I was going to see a lovely black manual with 65k on it a few weeks ago, spoke to the guy on a Tuesday, but he was a few hundred miles away, so I couldn't go and see it until Saturday. He'd sold it by Thursday :(

Then there was another one, manual, 80k, storm blue. Too many engine mods.

Hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Alex - I'll pass, thanks for the offer though ;)

welcome :)... sure you dont want a black 3.0i N/A from Oxfordshire from the phone number 0458 445 YOUWANTTOBUYME.... just a thought? ;)

3.0i?

try one the sellers on here i bet one of them would know or have a UK for sale somewhere hind at the back of th import lot :)

Guest poodle

its a personal problem i have, i think its the area i live in so there are plenty of stereotypes here. Saxos and subarus everywhere and a large quantity of starlets.

No need to take it out on me though ;)

I can't justify spending £2k+ on insurance. So I'm planning on getting a standard UK spec, and keeping it that way, no expense spared.

So if you've any idea where I might find one... :)

Guest poodle

insurance ive found is very random, one day u can get a quote and getting the same quote the next day you may drop £200 i also find my insurance is massivly cheaper if i were to move 5 miles down the road. Which reminds me im awaiting sky insurance and a-plan to call me back so i can get quoted. Im lucky that im cracking on in the years now which certainly helps however even 1.5 years ago i was getting quoted 1.2k insurance on a GPX FTO, one of the reasons im not getting another fto is the fact that i pay the same insurance for one as a supra. Ive also noted that for me at least there is not a lot of difference between a jspec and uk supra, its possibly the bad postcode i have the BB for blackburn has a lot to answer for even though im 50 mins drive away :)