The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cleaning the polished rim of my wheels!

Mariusz

I recently had my 3 piece split rims refurbd and they need cleaning!

What would you reccomend i use to clean and bring out the shine on the polished rim... its really dirty after 7 days agghhhh

Use a good wash n wax to get the crap off then dry them then use good quality car polish on a soft cloth.

Dont wash your wheels when there red hot after driving, let them cool down and never put any wheel cleaners on them like wonder wheels etc.

Are your wheels laquered ?

he said the polished rims, not the spokes ;)

I use autosol occasionaly but to really get the oxidation off use Meguires metal polish - mildly abrasive but gentle. Polish it up with a soft microfibre cloth afterwards.

Best thing is to keep on top of it so to speak :sly::D Give them a swill in between car washes to stop a build up, i just use my meguires tech wash and a cellulose sponge - less likely to trap grit and scratch as normal sponges do.

When you do clean the spokes, beware of off the shelf wheel cleaners as they strip the laquer off and worse case scenario, cause blistering :blink: Check out Meguires, it really is cracking stuff:

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Linda

Hey Dunk ;)

Off topic (sorry!!) you gona be at Ibbrar's tommorrow? Im taking the supra in for his wheels to be done :D

Linda

x

Hi Linda, yep im bound to be there at some time on saturday, you having a while you wait job done or leaving the car there ?

Dunk

Hi Linda, yep im bound to be there at some time on saturday, you having a while you wait job done or leaving the car there ?

Dunk

gona have to leave it a few days as having spokes powder coated :eyebrows: Taj is doing some work on the spats and skirts too

What time you getting there ? its your shout for the T and bacon buttys :)

the last time I went into MacDs it took a chunk out my spoiler :scared: I may bring large quantities of chocolate :D but if tea and butties gets me a lift back into town Its possible :D

Its not a great idea leaving the lips unprotected from our loverly weather and brake dust.

Aluminium will pit and oxidise over time left unprotected

Most rims that feature unlacquered polished lips are reasonable quality alloy, but they still require frequent maintenance, mine are this type and i just use Solvol once a week and during the winter i use a wax protector, and mine have survived the winter fine.

Most rims that feature unlacquered polished lips are reasonable quality alloy, but they still require frequent maintenance, mine are this type and i just use Solvol once a week and during the winter i use a wax protector, and mine have survived the winter fine.

rick, what wax protector do you use? sounds like a useful addition to the collection ;) thanks

Lx

I guess it depends on how much you like polishing your wheels :) mine are quite a deep dish on the rear so mine will be laquered as im too old to spend the day on my hands n knees.

If you do it regular enough they will stay pretty good for quite a while, i'd rather be driving my car :D

the last time I went into MacDs it took a chunk out my spoiler :scared: I may bring large quantities of chocolate :D but if tea and butties gets me a lift back into town Its possible :D

Muc D's ? Cafe round the corner and a lift into town isnt a problem, depending on which town you mean :D