PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get a Pillar Pod with Two gauge mounts For my Supra

Onelife Nofear
08-12-03, 10:27
Does Anyone Know Where I can purchase a pillar pod with two gauge mounts dont matter if they are 60mm or 52mm mounts.
I dont want the pods that clip over the original pillar that are carbon firbe effect I dont personally like the look of them I am after a manufacturer pillar replacement one. I know you can get them I seen some and they look shit hot but cannot for life of me remember where I seen them.

far
08-12-03, 11:07
Try the traders section dude Miami-rice & envy both do themhttp://www.mpaconsultancy.co.uk/miamirice/images/Defis%20in%20Paul's.jpg

I think the above ones are Greddy ones but the full replacement ones are available too ! see below

far
08-12-03, 11:09
Complete A-pillar pod

far
08-12-03, 11:11
Btw anyone know if the A-pillar pods which are on the first picturescome as 2 seperate units ?

Onelife Nofear
08-12-03, 11:11
Thats Excellent mate thanks

Miami rice is a cool site!

far
08-12-03, 11:33
Yep and paul who runs the site is a top top bloke who really looks after ya !

SkyJawa
08-12-03, 13:24
Its all one mate - I've got the Miami Rice one in my car!

far
08-12-03, 13:26
Cheers Dude - sorry I missed you guys at the meet ! Car in the bodyshop

Thanks for the info - might have to go for the Greddy as it looks like it leaves more room at the bottom where my radar detector currently sits :thumbs:

Onelife Nofear
08-12-03, 13:29
OOh another question I am in stages of starting to mod my supra now I know I want a boost gauge on my pillar pod but what other Gauge would be useful for future modding or is it down to personal pref.

far
08-12-03, 13:34
General consensus suggests EGT gauge is of use and a vital monitoring device.

Welcome to the board by the way dude - any pics of yer beast ?

Steve W2
08-12-03, 14:10
Originally posted by far
Welcome to the board by the way dude - any pics of yer beast ?

:D

far
08-12-03, 14:29
Steve get yer brain out the gutter lol :p

SkyJawa
08-12-03, 14:41
He can't his gutters far too big :p ;) :D

No worries re the meet dude, catch ya next time round!

And yeah - for 2 gauges, boost and EGT :D Although I've had my EGT months and still not got the sensor fitted!!! DOH!

Supragal
08-12-03, 14:42
where can I get the gauge mounts that fit round the left hand bend of the dash board? (if you get what I mwan)

SkyJawa
08-12-03, 14:58
They look hideous though :(

;)

far
08-12-03, 15:01
sg - THEY is well minging :p

chriseltham
08-12-03, 15:04
Thats nice :) Does anyone who what make the gauges are in the pod pictured???

Any links?

Thanks,

Chris :sly:

Onelife Nofear
08-12-03, 15:16
I will be getting my pic down on my comp tonight so will put it up,

I was just browsing and found these sort of Gauge Mounts on that go round the dash on the website below

www.whifbitz.co.uk:eek:eek

SkyJawa
08-12-03, 15:20
Chris - They are the business those gauges :D DEFI :D

Aren't they Far ;) :D

Loads of places sell the Defi's, Envy Performance, Miami Rice etc - not cheap but defo the best :) Peak hold recall, record function etc :D

far
08-12-03, 15:31
Originally posted by HISUPE
[B]Chris - They are the business those gauges :D DEFI :D

Aren't they Far ;) :D

B]

LMAO right then you bugger - time I nick 'em out yher car then hey ? :p

I think Im gonna get em next year spent far too much on the supe already !

Supragal
08-12-03, 15:44
The pod I saw looked ok...? :eek: Can't be doing with those pillar mounted "lets create another blind spot bigger than God" ones...

far
08-12-03, 16:14
Originally posted by Supragal
The pod I saw looked ok...? :eek: Can't be doing with those pillar mounted "lets create another blind spot bigger than God" ones...

Lol they aint that bad as long as you slant yer head to the left whilst you are driving :p

SkyJawa
08-12-03, 17:03
Originally posted by far
LMAO right then you bugger - time I nick 'em out yher car then hey ? :p

I think Im gonna get em next year spent far too much on the supe already !

Don't talk to me about Supe spending!!! Bit mad innit!

SkyJawa
08-12-03, 17:04

Theres hardly any more of a blindspot than is there by the A pillar anyway.......... :confused:

Onelife Nofear
09-12-03, 11:20
Must admit I was confused about the blind spot as well how can there be that bigger blind spot?

Suprash
09-12-03, 16:45
Theres not, I have a 2 gauge Greddy pod, and theres no more of a blind spot then there was previously.......

Supragal
09-12-03, 16:51
Well, I don't have them in the supe (obviously) but in my mates golf they were a total total nightmare, you could literally hide a bus in them... They're seem to be bang on 'glance' level. Can't see sod all out of those silly cars at the best of time :) Plus they always seem too close to be able to actually read the info thats being output while driving... but then I've not actually tried.

Suprash
09-12-03, 17:05
Maybe it was just the golf, but trust me, I would put them in that location over any other, they dont block your vision and its easy to read, even if Im playing with another car and having to hold the boost below 1.2, like Im having to do at the moment, as it keeps hitting 1.5, so Im driving by my right foot, which means Im driving by my boost gauge so only watching that, and its fine, have a look at mine next time....

SkyJawa
09-12-03, 19:36
Yep - absolutely fine in a supe - not too close or big at all - don't forget - its one big assed car anyway :eek: :D

with feck all storage space!!!!

Supragal
09-12-03, 19:38
Ok guys, cool, thanks for the info... I'll bear it in mind and check some out at the next meet/social event!! :thumbs:

dude
09-12-03, 22:27
Originally posted by HISUPE

They look hideous though :(

;)

Thats why she wants em !!!!!!:devil:

Dude:flame Dev

Supragal
09-12-03, 22:59
Yeah, if it looks terrible I'll put in on my car. In fact I'll usually get 2 just to be sure. I work on the basis that no-ones gonna copy a bad looking car, therefore maintaining my individuality. You all get to slate what I've done to my car, I get to have a one off Supra. A plan with no flaws I think you'll agree.

dude
09-12-03, 23:02
Yeah, if it looks terrible I'll put in on my car. In fact I'll usually get 2 just to be sure. I work on the basis that no-ones gonna copy a bad looking car, therefore maintaining my individuality. You all get to slate what I've done to my car, I get to have a one off Supra. A plan with no flaws I think you'll agree.

Then why does everyone want their sup purple ???????????????:D

Supragal
09-12-03, 23:04
Originally posted by dude
Then why does everyone want their sup purple ???????????????:D

NO-ONE wants their Supe purple, hear the words people don't be spraying any supes purple now dude....

dude
09-12-03, 23:05
NO-ONE wants their Supe purple, hear the words people don't be spraying any supes purple now dude....

everyone says this is purple

Supragal
09-12-03, 23:30
Zip it!! Thats the blue-est thing in blue land :p

dude
09-12-03, 23:32
Zip it!! Thats the blue-est thing in blue land :p

in a purple kinda way !!!!:conf:

Supragal
09-12-03, 23:42
In a Ford RS blue kinda way lol

dude
09-12-03, 23:48
In a Ford RS blue kinda way lol

Which is nye on identical to Yamaha R1 'PURPLISH' blue mettalic !!!!;)

SkyJawa
09-12-03, 23:54
Now now ;)

Dragonball
10-12-03, 08:48
Have got B/F DEFI EGT and BOOST and controller in stock NOW

Double Pod available

:thumbs:

Supragal
10-12-03, 09:06
Thanks king of bling... what colour do they light up?

Dude, R1s are blue :p La la la la la