The mkiv Supra Owners Club

electronic True Twin Conversion ON/OFF Kit

bmx1lew

For the stock fellas :eyebrows:

What do you think guys, worth the money (£50.51)

Think I might get one, any one here got one?

http://www.speedforsale.com/supraparts//product_info.php?products_id=90

Installing guide

http://www.speedforsale.com/techarticles.php?mode=disp&vid=10

Lew.

I dont know if im right but i think Gaz6002 was thinking about this at one time and so am I! I think this is a good idea but is it reliable??

My only concern is, would it damage the turbo's by spooling together as opposed to one turbo pre-spooling the other.

The TT wasnt made to spool together...

yeah all very true but i guess your not over boosting them so the heat build up might not be much more, i dont know any thing about turbos so couldnt say but I want one :eyebrows: if you guys also want one i am ordering my suspension so we could do a group buy and try get a deal, I will get it shipped to mine then post it out from my house, im sure he could fit them all in the box with suspension, it will save on shipping also might save you guys a few pounds?

Let me know.

Lew

Erm, maybe I'm missing something, but all that is required for ETTC is a dual pole switch...

Looks to me like he is making a killing on a switch

EDIT: In fact, looking at it, it IS!!! Hell, I'll sell you an ETTC for £50.50 saving you 1p if you want, Free P&P :)

Info, double pole switch is all thats needed, and both turbos work independently of each other, but the second does pre spool, however not by the first, and no TTC conversion will not harm either turbo if done properly, however i wouldn't advocate the electronic or the quick methods.

You save a little on petrol as you dont boost as soon, but oyu get lag waiting for them to spool up. Everyone i know who's done this or Ive talked to who have done this have changed back to sequential almost straight away saying it was a poor idea.

I have ETTC - I quite like it but is not everyones taste. there are no power gains, you'll have to adapt your driving style a bit as you will have to use the box a bit more. Aledgelly more ecconomical as you dont use the turbo's in the low rev range, and yes, car become quite loud and makes a drone at crusing speed (60-70)

But if your intested take a look here.

You just need a DPDT switch. These cost about £2 in places like maplins.

Do not pay £50, its exactly the same switch as youd buy in maplins. Crazy money.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=dpdt&source=15&SD=Y

This has been debabted many times before. Some people love it, some hate it. Do a search.

Hey, you are going to put me out of business with my Super-Duper Whidgety ETTC activator :)

I think i might do it so when i am just pottering about i can save a bit fuel also i am curious to see what it is like, I will order the parts and give it a go, unless some one wants to make me one.

Lew.

Seriously, there is nothing to make, it is simply a DPDT switch which you can get from maplins and a few crimps. If you want to go fancy you might be able to source a DPDT switch with a built in LED so you can see when you are in TT mode.

I will put a disclaimer up saying that the stock ECU is not suited to TTC, the fueling/timing isn't setup to correctly do TTC.

is there any way you can adjust the fueling to suit it?

Lew.

I believe it was Tricky-Ricky that did it a while back...... He used an emanage to get round the issue...

Hmmm, I've just had a thought, which I will bounce past Ian C... The emanage is capable I believe of running two maps, it MAY BE possible to run a seq map and ttc map which get swapped over when activated.... (I'm not 100% sure on this as it is a good while since I even looked at the emanage)

EDIT : Yup, I was correct

# Toggle Switch (Dip)

- 2 independent setting can now be stored and accessed via the “Toggle Switch.” 2 separate maps for the “Injection Adjustment Map” and the “Ignition Map.” (For Rotary engines, 2 separate “Primary and Secondary Injector Maps” and “Leading & Trailing Ignition Maps.”) i.e. one program for “street” and one for “race track”.

Everyone i know who's done this or Ive talked to who have done this have changed back to sequential almost straight away saying it was a poor idea.

never really seen the point to the whole mod, the stock TT is famed for its low down grunt, drivability and low down boost, so why push the power delivery further up the rev range ?, i never did the mod on mine but my mate Jonny5 did it on his and soon changed back again

I believe it was Tricky-Ricky that did it a while back...... He used an emanage to get round the issue...

Hmmm, I've just had a thought, which I will bounce past Ian C... The emanage is capable I believe of running two maps, it MAY BE possible to run a seq map and ttc map which get swapped over when activated.... (I'm not 100% sure on this as it is a good while since I even looked at the emanage)

EDIT : Yup, I was correct

Yes you can allocate two separate maps for fuelling and timing on the EMU, but you cannot switch them easily, as they are on the body of the unit, and very fiddly to use and get at, however I'm sure if you where competent and determined, you could access them and make them switch remotely, however as i said i would not evocate going TTC by any quick method.

Yes you can allocate two separate maps for fuelling and timing on the EMU, but you cannot switch them easily, as they are on the body of the unit, and very fiddly to use and get at, however I'm sure if you where competent and determined, you could access them and make them switch remotely, however as i said i would not evocate going TTC by any quick method.

The emanage has a toggle switch which plugs in via a jack if I remember quickly, with a a relay and a bit of wire, you could have a single switch which activates the emanage map and then powers the relay to activate TTC mode...

The emanage has a toggle switch which plugs in via a jack if I remember quickly, with a a relay and a bit of wire, you could have a single switch which activates the emanage map and then powers the relay to activate TTC mode...

No it wont work that way, the remote switch feature is for the logging facility, and can't be set to change the dip switches.

No it wont work that way, the remote switch feature is for the logging facility, and can't be set to change the dip switches.

Are you sure, (I'm not by the way, hence the reason for confirming), but the manual does state

(Dip) Toggle Switch - 2 independent setting can now be stored and accessed via the “Toggle Switch.” 2 separate maps for the “Injection Adjustment Map” and the “Ignition Map.” (For Rotary engines, 2 separate “Primary and Secondary Injector Maps” and “Leading & Trailing Ignition Maps.”) i.e. one program for “street” and one for “race track”.

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/greul.html

EDIT : Sorry, you are correct, it is on the dip's after reading a bit further into the manual, that really is a pity... I suppose it might be possible to add a switch, but that then would void warranties and all sorts. :(

well if this is possible to do how much would these maps cost to do and can it be done on a apexi safc?

Also it would be great for keeping off boost then if you fancy a spirited drive switch back and change maps :p

Lew.

well if this is possible to do how much would these maps cost to do and can it be done on a apexi safc?

Also it would be great for keeping off boost then if you fancy a spirited drive switch back and change maps :p

Lew.

The stock map would be fairly close to zero if there are any changes AT ALL. The TTC map will more than likely have some tweaks around the swap over point. As far as cost goes? not a clue..

The SAFC can only do fuel fudging, whereas the emanage ultimate can do timing advance/retard as well as fuel trimming and adding. (Far better option, higher resolution as well)

How much would it cost for a e-manager + mapping for this type of thing.. because in therory if doing this to save on fuel while pottering about round town or crusing I doubt people would save with the cost for setting up this type of thing?