The mkiv Supra Owners Club

trouble with window

Guest mattsupra

Guest mattsupra

wont go up or down on the drivers side at all no movement or anything

light is working on the drivers switch and thats it

my now x misses (as of when she slammed my passenger door) really hard and now the drivers side window doesnt work at all

passenger side works fine and i have checked all the switches etc

can you help me please as to what it could be as my car is outside with the drivers window down as it wont go up

many thanks

matt

wont go up or down on the drivers side at all no movement or anything

light is working on the drivers switch and thats it

my now x misses (as of when she slammed my passenger door) really hard and now the drivers side window doesnt work at all

passenger side works fine and i have checked all the switches etc

can you help me please as to what it could be as my car is outside with the drivers window down as it wont go up

many thanks

matt

Have got to say mate, does sound like your switch has gone or maybe your missus loosened/disconnected the wiring from the switch somehow??

Might be an idea to take the doorcard off and take a better look mate...:)

Guest mattsupra

i have taken the door cards off on both side and everything seems to be as it should be and as i say the light is on the switch so its got power going to it but nothing else

it has been very slow up and down since i got it but always worked untill now

is there any other fuses apart from the ones in the engine bay?

the passenger one didnt work to start with either and now ive looked at it, its fine and working but nothing is loose anywhere from what i can see

does this sound like the motor has packed up?

i have taken the door cards off on both side and everything seems to be as it should be and as i say the light is on the switch so its got power going to it but nothing else

it has been very slow up and down since i got it but always worked untill now

is there any other fuses apart from the ones in the engine bay?

the passenger one didnt work to start with either and now ive looked at it, its fine and working but nothing is loose anywhere from what i can see

does this sound like the motor has packed up?

Yeh could have mate. When i bought my TT, the window switch was very slow so i told them to fix it before i took it away...turned out it was the switch...

Good point though, you didnt press the window lock button? I did this once, gave myself a heart attack lol! :D

Guest mattsupra

still got the corsa liggy lol

well till saturday and i got the mondeo its just that i need the window sorting out asap on the supra due to where i live

i have checked all switches and the light is on the switch (green one) and the passenger window works ok and i can use both switches on the drivers side but nothing at all on the drivers side window just passenger

no i havent locked the windows as thats the first thing i have checked

Guest mattsupra

oh and to top all this night off the bloody hamster is having babys as i type this

jeees what a night

Guest liggy

you might be sleeping in car tonight then,i would where you live,or go out in morning and find empty space,lol,good luck with hamster though,lol.

Guest mattsupra

thanks liggy lol

no im not the father lmao

aint a clue whats wrong with the supra at all as there is nothing to the motor to make it work

it worked one second then not the next so im going to strip the door mechanism down and see if i can lodge something in its way to stop it falling down then get it sorted properlly if i can

Guest mattsupra

is there anyone who can give me a deffinet yes its this or a no its not that please ?

i really need this sorting out asap

thanks

matt

Guest mattsupra

yer pretty much sums it up mate

im sick of the supra already tbh

should of kept my pt cruiser me thinks

gonna be a long night tonight and got to be out early today to sort my dads harley out with an mot too liggy

bloody supras

Guest mattsupra

it wont budge at all not even manually

feels like its stuck ridgid hence me thinking its the motor thats gone and not the switch

hey liggy you doing anything tomorrow mate ?

email me if you want im on msn now too m8

Hey Matt

Really feel for you fellah. If it worked briefly then not, it seems intermittent and therefore probably a loose connection in the wiring or maybe a crack on the fuse board causing it to momentarily connect. If it was a fuse blown it wouldnt work at all. It may be worth posting in the tech section, ask if someone can send you a linky to wiring diagram out the manual??

Do you have an auto electrician near where you live? Theres a good one in the midlands ;) not much use I'm afraid but if all else fails do a local search. Safety and wet weather certainly an issue.

Hope you get it sorted soon

L

Guest mattsupra

thanks turbonut

its been working great just a bit slow

then nothing at all, wont budge at all and nothing to the window

going to toyota now to pick some bits up i need anyways so going to ask them what they think it might be

thanks again

matt

just found this thread, has an exploded diagram of the door including winder motor, not sure if its any use?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=103402&highlight=electric+window

If you need a replacement mechanism Jezz or Ibbrar (Speedwells - he breaks supra's too) might have one, or try steve Manley for a new one, gives discount to club members: 01865 291333

I've had electrical problems before and know how frustrating they are to figure out.

Linda

x

Guest mattsupra

thanks loads linda

funny thing is when i took the motor from the door i pluged it in and it worked lol

so hopefully its sorted now

thanks to everyone for all your help

matt