The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Overfenders Question

Stratty

I recently had some overfenders made and taped them to the car to see what they will look like.

Question is, how do you deal with the big gap between the original wheel arch and the overfender?

Do the arches have to be rolled first?

Ta for your help.. :D

you will need some massive wheels, i think you need to cut the arch. Oh and before you fit them look at your car from a very long distance from the rear as that might change your mind about fitting them:d, i should of done that but i made a big mistake

you will need some massive wheels, i think you need to cut the arch. Oh and before you fit them look at your car from a very long distance from the rear as that might change your mind about fitting them:d, i should of done that but i made a big mistake

Really ???? :blink:

I havent had a look from the rear. What is the problem with it?

I was wondering about the wheels also.

I didnt know if I had to fit REALLY wide wheels of have wheel spacers on it. Does anyone know?

Ta.

wheel spacers would be a bad option unless you go for 12" wide wheels, theres no point in sticking 3" spacers:blink:. I never loved my overfenders as the supra alone is a wide car and i prefer the look of the standard rear, youl see what i mean if you look at them from a distance, i was so relieved when i took mine off:D

Hmmm..... Maybe it isnt a good idea to stick them on.. :badidea:

I saw a few pics of cars with them on and they looked nice but from what has been said I will have to have a good hard think about it.

Having to get massive wheels is gonna cost a small fortune as well I would imagine.. :(

dont get me wrong they do look good in pics and from angles but do what i said and have a look with them on from a long distance from the rear, the car just looks very fat and out of shape;), less is more.

I have the arches rolled on my car, with the overfenders. Running 10" wheels with large spacers (currently) but I think when I get enough money I'll be changing my wheels as they don't fill the arches enough IMO. Doesn't look too bad, but noticable.

Look good from the rear IMO when fitted correctly with a proper set of rims.

I recently had some overfenders made and taped them to the car to see what they will look like.

Question is, how do you deal with the big gap between the original wheel arch and the overfender?

Do the arches have to be rolled first?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/si2468/DSCN0534.jpg

Ta for your help.. :D

I have a set of 265/35/18's on my car with some big spacers, the tyre goes to the edge of the wheel arch. If you want to save cash,

get some 295/35/18 or 19's and fit some spacers on it too...