The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap Supra for someone.

JamieP

The Motec is worth £900 to a grand all day long, so with some messing and a stock ecu the car becomes one of the mythical sub 4K TT's I speak of sometimes :) If they haven't passworded the map and it runs properly, you get a free, but saleable map for an m800 in a MKIV as well.

y so cheap, turbos are running parallel appartently, not always a good move. usually some thing that cheap i wudnt look twice at cuz i expect some thing dodgy? its easier to sell a car slightly over prices than stupidly under priced

It has a lot of decent mods on it...my question is, why so cheap for all that money spent on that Supra??

it does have some reasonable bits on but your average punter does not give a stuff about a Motec ecu and TBH neither would i on a stock turbo car (apart from re-sale), what they do care about is mileage, overall condition, servicing etc, to be blunt the guy is not doing himself any favours, £500 would have tidied the car up and probably commanded a higher price, as an enthusiast buying the car the questions i would ask are what boost has the guy been running to get the kind of power figures he is "claiming" :eyebrows: and hence what is the condition of a very expensive engine to pop

Is anyone able to get me a pic of an M800 today? I'm going to pick this car up tomorrow, basically to revert it to stock and keep the Motec for my own car for when I go mega-single one day.

I do however want to be sure of what I'm getting :)

It does strike me as a little odd to have such an ECU in what is basically a stock car, that's all!

Ah so it will be quite obvious then if it's bright gold *grin*

Yeah I think I may be able to get a few quid off as well, because he's now saying there's an intermittent starting problem where it will just click click click sometimes but be fine other times.

Possibly starter motor refurb time?

It does strike me as a little odd to have such an ECU in what is basically a stock car, that's all!

it's possible that this supra 'used' to have a big spec, single turbo, hybrids etc and was then put back to stock, check the interior for holes where gauges could have been previously placed :)

it's possible that this supra 'used' to have a big spec, single turbo, hybrids etc and was then put back to stock, check the interior for holes where gauges could have been previously placed :)

Even more strange that they wouldn't revert back the single most expensive part then :)

Since it has stock injectors I am betting that I can drop a stock auto ECU back in no problems.

Hmmm. I can't find any confirmation that the M800 controls the auto gearbox - but in this car, it must be, surely?

Even more strange that they wouldn't revert back the single most expensive part then :)

in a way for hassle, but if it did have a big spec you'll get more money back in parts than selling the car with all the bits on :)

Since it has stock injectors I am betting that I can drop a stock auto ECU back in no problems.

Hmmm. I can't find any confirmation that the M800 controls the auto gearbox - but in this car, it must be, surely?

Give Owen developments a ring if they indeed did fit and tune it for £3700 then they will have a record of that. Also for the gear box you'll find they may have piggy backed the stock ECU to drive the box which would mean theres still a stock ecu in it as well..

It seems that it's the car in this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=121173

So basically he's selling it for what he paid for it 8 months ago (yeah.. he won't be getting the full amount :D:D)

Also, the dyno plots are there:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/scruffers/owen1.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/scruffers/owen2.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/scruffers/owen3.jpg

Now, this suggests 395BHP tops, well that's fine for BPU and gives me more bargaining power as it's not 470 is it.

The thing that I just don't understand though is the 3rd plot where it seems to suggest it's plotting RPM versus boost. Can someone take a look at it for me, please?

Peak boost at 4250 ish RPM seems to be a shade under 230Kpa... which is 2.3 bar! W.T.F.? :D Or am I missing some sort of absolute vs relative pressure type thing here? :)