PDA

View Full Version : best tyres?



Paul R
07-12-03, 23:36
Hi,

What tyres do you lot recommend? I've had a look on my tyres.co.uk.

Looks like I can get some decent 275/18/35's for about 300 quid a pair.

Paul.

Seb
07-12-03, 23:39
I'm betting most peeps will say Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s. Those are the ones i'll be getting, and a lot of guys on here run those. Have performed consistently well in tyre tests too, great wet weather performance as well.

Seb

Paul R
07-12-03, 23:41
arrghhh!!

unfortunately they appear to be 233 quid each!! I aint paying that for no tyres you crazy fool!!!!
:D
Paul.

SkyJawa
07-12-03, 23:51
They will never be that much - my local independant place got mine for 100 rears and fronts 90, but that was for 255 and 235 tyres.

Eagles defo one of the best tyres around at the mo, followed closely by Toyo Proxes T1-S. Also heard good reports about the latest P-Zero's...........

Seb
08-12-03, 00:01
Originally posted by Paul R
arrghhh!!

unfortunately they appear to be 233 quid each!! I aint paying that for no tyres you crazy fool!!!!
:D
Paul.

It's actually pretty cheap for rubber goods :innocent:

Seb

Soonto"HAS"soop
08-12-03, 00:02
Originally posted by Seb
It's actually pretty cheap for rubber goods :innocent:


What part of London you from Seb?? Soho??

Ben..

Paul R
08-12-03, 00:11
Originally posted by HISUPE
They will never be that much - my local independant place got mine for 100 rears and fronts 90, but that was for 255 and 235 tyres.

Eagles defo one of the best tyres around at the mo, followed closely by Toyo Proxes T1-S. Also heard good reports about the latest P-Zero's...........

but they are that much! lol. Thats the cheapest I can find them!

toyo proxies look better at 160 quid each. Dont forget these are 275's on 18" rims.

what about Dunlop SP Sport 9000's??? supposed to be good in the wet and dry.

Soonto"HAS"soop
08-12-03, 00:14
I've got 265 and they seem to be a more readily available tyre, 275's seem to be a little bit rarer, and therefore more expensive!!

Ben..

Seb
08-12-03, 00:15
Ben, funnily enough, I do live in Soho! ;)

Seb

CJ
08-12-03, 00:18
I bought F1's for 471 all round including VAT and fitting. If I was you, I would search some more.

CJ

SkyJawa
08-12-03, 00:21
Toyo Proxes are only 167.......

Worth shopping around your local places too - Bracknell Tyre and Battery were cheaper than any net price I could find!

ad500
08-12-03, 00:38
PM Ibrar Jabbar on the proxes, very good prices.

Supraguy
08-12-03, 08:37
I use the F1's and wouldnt go any other way. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Its funny how some people put so much into their cars to make them perform. Then when it comes to the only thing between your motor and delivering that power to the road, people get cheap!!

Makes no sense! :eek:

Paul R
08-12-03, 09:32
Originally posted by CJ
I bought F1's for 471 all round including VAT and fitting. If I was you, I would search some more.

CJ

What size are your wheels/tyres?

Paul.

Paul R
08-12-03, 09:33
Originally posted by HISUPE
Toyo Proxes are only 167.......

Worth shopping around your local places too - Bracknell Tyre and Battery were cheaper than any net price I could find!

mytyres are 160 for proxes.

Paul.

michael
08-12-03, 10:59
I'm currently sporting Falken FK451's and I'm generally impressed with then, grip is OK considering the state of the roads but I am able to break traction at will if I put my foot down, I'm putting that down to the greasy roads and BPU mods though :)

Before it got cold and wet the tyres gripped really well and impressed me a great deal considering their semi-budget price.

Worth a look anyway, I'll probably try them again when I get my 22" spinners :)