The mkiv Supra Owners Club

D2 brakes

_Shane_

I am running them and for my level of driving they work well and I haven't had any issues (but I haven't really stretched or tested them beyond fast road work).

I run 356 8 pots under 18s on the front and 3G discs with BFG hoses, Enless pads on rear and a brake stopper. My 18s have good clearance though.

£750 for 8 piston 330mm or £850 for 356mm

Where did you find that price? I couldnt find them that cheap even on Ebay.

Was going to get a set but was warned off in the end by a few people. You get what you pay for.

Went for uprated race pads (CW) on UK spec and they are DEF. man enough

Where did you find that price? I couldnt find them that cheap even on Ebay.

Was going to get a set but was warned off in the end by a few people. You get what you pay for.

Went for uprated race pads (CW) on UK spec and they are DEF. man enough

That was off ebay lol and isnt it a set up you pay for not just calipers ie d2 calipers disks and pads?

here is the links

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D2-8-Piston-Brake-kit-Front-330mm-TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZA80_W0QQitemZ360047821444QQihZ023QQcategoryZ23013QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D2-8-Piston-Brake-kit-Front-356mm-TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZA80_W0QQitemZ360047819313QQihZ023QQcategoryZ23013QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know if the larger set (356mm) will fit under 18" Kei Racing D1's? Or will I need to get the smaller set.

Also should I bother upgrading the back set at all? I dont do any track days in my car, but fast road use is a definite.

Cheers

IMO doing the rears is a must. Just doing one end wrecks your brake balance and can make brake performance worse.