The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need Advise?

taylormartin

Hi all,

Being looking for a supra tt gz for a while now think i have found 1 its only done 35,000. Its in showroom condition the only thing is that one of the turbo's has gone, Is it worth messing with? How much for new turbo?

Any advise anyone?

Is it just me, but I find it hard to believe that a car with only 35K on the clock has suffered turbo failure.....:blink:

Is there any service history with the car?

H.

Is it just me, but I find it hard to believe that a car with only 35K on the clock has suffered turbo failure.....:blink:

Is there any service history with the car?

H.

Thats what i thought, Not sure about service history yet. I asked about the turbo going after 35,000.

HE SAID

When he took it to the garage they said it seemed like the boost control valve had reset itself and the turbo over boosted basically. When he first bought the car he did not drive it for a month and the battery went dead and apparently that reset the boost control valve.

Can the seller provide proof it's only done 35k?

Turbos can fail at low milages simply due to owner neglect or abuse (witness all these TDi's blowing their turbos).

Said he has a file full of paperwork, old mot's etc...

He said the guy that owned it before him had it 4 years and only done 8,000.

The car exterior and interior are in showroom condition.

2and from bottom is a non turbo??

The garage is talking bull, i would be wary without full service history to support the low mileage, turbos can fail early, but the fact its the second turbo makes me very suspicious, as it should be the first that goes, as it gets far more use.[/quote

It was wrong link sorry

All the emails i have sent him he has answered all my questions. He said he has loads of paperwork, whats the stage 2 performance pack?

He said he bought the car nov07 for £8000 since then he lost his job and the turbo went so he has not got the funds to replace the turbo and needs money.

Could be a load of crap

yeah it sounds and looks alright mate, i would definatly say go and have a look just take someone with you who knows about supras, or im sure there will be someone fron here who lives near by and will be willing to take a look for you. It probably has bpu decats etc, read up on it. It has very nice looking leather seats.