The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sad day the supra has gone

ECK

hi all:(

its with a heavy heart i wright this as my beloved supra has gone!!!!!:(:(:(

i stood and watched it drive down the street with the new owner (with a lump in my throat)

anyway i just couldent refuse the offer as it wasnt even up for sale so with the 6.5k in my pocket i promptly nippd out and have bought a R33 GTR in midnight purple, i dont pick it up till wed next week so i have no pics just now but ill post up soon

so again i no longer own a supra:cry::bye:

You make it sound like you lost your wife, then popped out and got a nice Thai lady :D

well there is no point dwelling on it;)

i still will miss it, i loved that car just wish it was a TT then it would still be in the drive;)

hey, we have a lot of joint skyline/supra meets up here in Aberdeen so feel free to join us on the next one (one soon probably)

At the last meet a girl came in her flip painted R32 GTR from Fife so you should have a convoy buddy :)

Get yourself onto http://www.skylineowners.com some great localish guys there, and I'm a member there too, to help arrange joint meets.

Anyhoo.. I'll hopefully get to see your new 33 at Knockhill. :D

things arent going according to plan, i sent off for a history check on the car and guess what:search: it's been a cat "c" total loss:rolleyes:

so i went back down the garage and lifted the supra, so after all the bloomin hasstle im back to square one

however i have seen a really nice one on the skyline owners.com for sale so im gonna get intouch with the guy, hopefully this one will be the rite one thistime:)

alex

You'll regret going from Supra ownership to Skyline ownership IMO. They just aren't so well engineered or reliable again IMO - that's generally what I've found between Toyota and Nissan.

Plump for a Supra TT - have your cake and eat it ;)

Good price to get for your NA in any case!

Cheers,

Brian.

Huh? I thought you had sold it and the new owner had paid you and taken it away?

hey jake

the guy that bought it was the guy that runs the garage i was buying the R33 from

as soon as i saw the history report i calld him and he was good enough not to be a ass about it all so i told him the deal was off as far as im concerned i either have a R33 with a trade in on the supe or ill just keep the supe as i really do like it i just need a little more room in the back for josh

eck

• 1 month later...

*update*

well i finally picked up the skyline the other day

again midnite purple and all the bits i wanted, ive been driving it for a few days now and all is well

ill get some pics up in a while as i havent taken any yet (but i will)

anyway ill still be around to enjoy this lovely forum:);)

eck

its not the same car

i found another R33 i had my eye on a couple but the guy with the cat "c" was giving me a good deal on trade in so thats why i went to him

however i sold the N/A private to a guy from kirkcaldy for 5k

the only thing was i sold it with alot of things in it i wanted to keep but i did get good money for it so sod it;)

anyway im gonna get a few pics up and let you lot hae a looky;)

eck

It looks a minter ;) Gotta be a much better deal in the wet, can throw it around the bends a lot more with 4WD and it'll stick like glue. I know a few supra owners who've gone on to Skyline ownership and wouldn't go back. Horses for courses, eh? ;)

I'm not a purest, love all jap performance cars :D enjoy mate!!

I think you should show it of to the Jap North East lads, they're a nice bunch.

Linda

x

hey thanks for the comments

gaz i will be getting new wheels soon anyhoo (ultralights) are the wheels on it worth anything 2nd hand?

as far as the TT supra goes it was more a factor of space in the back for my son (josh) he just couldent get in the back of the supe atall and i gotta be honest in the wet its just as good as in the dry, which in GB is prob the better deal

eck