The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK VED Petition. Please Sign!

Guest busta200

Guest busta200

Guys and Gals,

The Government has sneakily decided to apply the new tax-bands retrospectively to all cars, post 2001. For many, that will mean a major tax increase from £210 to £450.

I know that Supra's are all pre-2001, but if this goes through, it won't be long before it's extended to pre-2001 cars, based on engine-size.

More than likely, it probably already affects your daily drive!

So, for what it's worth, sign these petitions:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/UNFAIR-VED/

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/greenstealth/

Thanks.

P.S. Please feel free to post up links to any other forums or clubs you maybe members of.:)

Guest busta200

sorry i meant the majority of sup's were pre 2001.:innocent:

I think I'd have to agree with it seeming to be a luxury just to live in the UK these days. I'm actually trying to get the best MPG out of my motor these days instead of thrashing it like I used to!:(

I think I'd have to agree with it seeming to be a luxury just to live in the UK these days. I'm actually trying to get the best MPG out of my motor these days instead of thrashing it like I used to!

Maybe once we stop paying benefits to people that are happy to live a life on dole money, people that arent even in the country and scrap the all things taxable - like the BBC(Why?), we'll all be able to live in harmony - its just not gonna happen,

In Aus you gotta pay your kids school fees, hospital fees....bla da bla, but you can afford to when your earing an extra 30%!

Would the Government stop planes flying overheard if they seen the same amount of loosley based evidence that aviation fuel is bad for our health...no chance!

Guest busta200
Maybe once we stop paying benefits to people that are happy to live a life on dole money, people that arent even in the country and scrap the all things taxable - like the BBC(Why?), we'll all be able to live in harmony - its just not gonna happen,

In Aus you gotta pay your kids school fees, hospital fees....bla da bla, but you can afford to when your earing an extra 30%!

Would the Government stop planes flying overheard if they seen the same amount of loosley based evidence that aviation fuel is bad for our health...no chance!

I still signed the petetion but if I'm honest I'd get more pleasure from doing a doughnut on Gordon's head in my Supra!:p

i say its time for a big sepratist movement. cap petrol prices, cut benefits for immigrants and jobless dole sucking scum, abolish speed cameras on dual carridgeways and motorways, ban speed guns, bulid more houses for first time buyers(only british applicants) get rid of police admin, up the speed limit on motorways, bring back death penalty, and others can add as this thread is long enough and i would be typing for days lol.:p

i say its time for a big sepratist movement. cap petrol prices, cut benefits for immigrants and jobless dole sucking scum, abolish speed cameras on dual carridgeways and motorways, ban speed guns, bulid more houses for first time buyers(only british applicants) get rid of police admin, up the speed limit on motorways, bring back death penalty, and others can add as this thread is long enough and i would be typing for days lol.

I cant see anyone arguing with that...unless their profiteers from the current setup(shambles)

i say its time for a big sepratist movement. cap petrol prices, cut benefits for immigrants and jobless dole sucking scum, abolish speed cameras on dual carridgeways and motorways, ban speed guns, bulid more houses for first time buyers(only british applicants) get rid of police admin, up the speed limit on motorways, bring back death penalty, and others can add as this thread is long enough and i would be typing for days lol.:p

Id vote for you to be major of london

Guys and Gals,

The Government has sneakily decided to apply the new tax-bands retrospectively to all cars, post 2001. For many, that will mean a major tax increase from £210 to £450.

Much as i dont agree with it, its hardly been sneaky, they announced it over a year ago!

Its a stupid amount of money taxing a car by its engine size - ROAD TAX is supposed to go on roads, having a bigger engine probably means you use the road less... but hey!

Money grabbing gibbons.

It all sucks these days and it would not be so bad if fuel was cheaper but thats rising continuiosly and soon we will be at £1.50 a litre.

Larger engine cars will most likely be driven a lot less but gov't do not care as they need money FAST......Wars are not cheap!

Do these petitions ever work?

No.

You just get some slacker replying on someone elses behalf saying that "research shows we're right so who gives a f*ck what you think" type reply.

It should be noted that politicians only ever refer to stats that back their arguments. If Gordon Brown comissioned a survey that showed 100% people thought global warming doesnt exist - he'd dismiss it. If however the survey showed more than 50% of people thought it did exist - he'd accept it and use it.

There have been thousands surveys carried out on behalf of governments that never see the light of day as they dont agree with political ideas and are therefore dismissed and brushed under the carpet.

The petition site is a smoke screen to make joe public think the Government gives a damn about what you think.