The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Triple ball bearing turbos out...

AshBhp

One for Ian C :D

Taken from Supraforums.com

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487706

Hey guys, just wanted to show the latest technology in ball bearing turbos. This should revolutionize the turbo industry. So far when speaking to the owner they had 900rpm difference over an identical standard bearing turbo. Ive got mine pre-ordered already since there is a 2-3week leadtime.

http://www.compturbo.com/pr.php

Lively bunch.

I wonder how a tbb compares to a VNT?

Which is a point, has anyone put a VNT on a Supra yet?

Im waiting for my Brother to sort the 2 VNT turbo's he has on his supra.

Cant wait to map it. Love stuff thats different :)

I think HKS are releasing some bigger units soon as well

I think they use a PWM signal coupled to a boost pressure feed to determine how the vanes should be set...VNT's in theory don't need wastegates as you hold the turbo at a certain boost with the vanes.

Would they be quiet enough for trackdays?

Surely that depends on what exhaust you have and whether or not you're using a screamer pipe.

I think they use a PWM signal coupled to a boost pressure feed to determine how the vanes should be set...VNT's in theory don't need wastegates as you hold the turbo at a certain boost with the vanes.

I heard they don't need wastegates either... maybe one as a safety for when it all goes wrong.. lol

I have wanted a VVT for ages, I was looking for one a while ago, but I'm intrested to see that the bigger mfr's are plotting...

I love the power of the bigger cars, but the throttle response really bugs me... what I loved about the tvr's is their immediacy..

Reading some of the reports on the new skyline, and the porsches (with vvt turbos) the throttle response is supposed to be excellent.

If this can be reproduced in a supra, sign me up.

Why 2 maps Ryan.. and exactly what 2 aspects would you map...

One map for cruise, and one for load?

I gues you could free-flow the thing to improve mpg on crusise too.. no?