The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Regret

Guest Blitzed

Guest Blitzed

After selling my Supra twinturbo after 1 years of ownership im feeling the need for speed again.

I plan to purchase a manual supra twinturbo next year but for the time being im after a 4 door German car which would be nearly as quick as one, maybe a BMW 540i or E55 Merc or possibly an S4 Audi, can anyone suggest or has anyone raced such motor and what was the outcome im not interested in Subaru's or Evos. Ive got around 6k to spend.

Help would be most appreciated

Guest Blitzed

I was thinking they could be pricey on maintenance with the 4x4 and gearbox syncro issues, 540i sounds good produces same amount of torque as the Supra and wont be too ridiculous on maintenance

I was thinking they could be pricey on maintenance with the 4x4 and gearbox syncro issues, 540i sounds good produces same amount of torque as the Supra and wont be too ridiculous on maintenance

Both Audi and BMW are high maintenance when they go wrong, BMW has high service costs and I would imagine so would Audi. A couple of my mates have had 3 series BMW's and they hated MOT and service times.

Guest Blitzed

It crossed my mind getting an Aristo but i think im gonna go German this time, cheers for the input, E55 here we come

A 500E is cheap and quite a nice tool. there's an article about them in one of the magazines this month. Trouble with the new big engined Mercedes is they put big engines in big, heavy bodyshells. The 500E was a slightly less portly shell with a big engine. This is where you need to search the specs for power to weight, and area under the power curve. I'd bet that's where an Aristo would embarrass the Kraut mobiles.

Guest Blitzed

Not sure what a 500E is, i was talking about the Mercedes E55 AMG, 354 bhp, 380 lb foot of torque brought out to rival the BMW M5 (e39), it seems like a super fast 4-door saloon. The Aristos look a bit pricey the 2nd generations ones that is and they are rare so it will be difficult finding one, im not keen on the earlier models.