The mkiv Supra Owners Club

300zx tt vs supra tt

supraspeed

anyone driven/owned one of these? i talked to a few people who have owned both supra tt and 300zx tt (both manuals) and they said that the 300zx handles a lot better and the supras a lot more better off the line but more or less the same from 3rd gear onwards. anyone have info about them?

My boyfriend has the zx and i have the supra, he says that the zx is nicer to drive and has a better driving position.

Cannot compair on speed because mine is an non turbo

Yes the engine is a pita :blink:

Tuning to around 400 brake is quite easy

My mate has a 300zx puting out just over 400 horses and 400torques,his is a manual my tt is an auto BPU,very close of the line by I'am faster from 70/80 leptons the zx tops out at 160/165 and the supra keeps on going,i would say the 300 handles better but then again I'am not as mad as him on the twistys.

anyone driven/owned one of these? i talked to a few people who have owned both supra tt and 300zx tt (both manuals) and they said that the 300zx handles a lot better and the supras a lot more better off the line but more or less the same from 3rd gear onwards. anyone have info about them?

Imo, i dont really go that much on them...:)

I've driven well over 40 supra's, but only 2 300z's. Some of the Supra's were worse handling than the 300, most were far better.

They're nice enough cars but working on them is an absolute nightmare (and expensive for some jobs) and for that reason alone I'd rule one out. Also there are few well looked after 300's around these days (price crash on all Jap 'supercars' means they get into the hands of people who cannot aford to run them properly, something we're not unfamiliar with here! The 300 is very hard hit as some can be picked up for next to nothing). The engines are no where near as durable a the 2JZ so past ownership history is paramount. http://www.300zx.co.uk is your best bet if you want to find a cared for one.

held up well when I had a drive against one, until very high leptons then started to leave him behind. Must've done some work to it as had full bucket seat and racing harness, and faired pretty well.

I still like the look of them btu can be quite dated compared to the soop.

SWB none targa top manual is the one to have. My wife wanted one years ago, but I managed to persuade her to get a Soarer TT instead, thank God. Unless you have some sort of perverse desire to blow money I'd avoid them these days, they are worth sod all, yet cost a packet to run. You might as well buy an Esprit turbo and REALLY blow your brains :)

I've owned 2 Zeds, one was great (UK spec) one was pants (JDM). I love them but the Mkiv is better in almost every respect, but not by as much as some might think. BPU vs. BPU speed is very close, handling on the Zed might be described as more fun, but ultimately the limits of the Supra are higher.

As mentioned, Toyota used it a a benchmark and aimed to beat it in every area...they succeded!

The 300ZX na isnt a bad car though is it?

I love my one, thats why I can't bring myself to sell it. Yeah they are much more reliable than the ZXTT. I think from the front they are lovely, especialy with the late spec front bumper as it gives it a more modern look(see garage). As everyone has said the interior is laid out very well but is very dull.

The zx na is around 6-6.5 to 60 and will only do about 20mpg

Here is a pic of Dave's. The driving position of the zx is better and there is alot more space than the soop. but i love my baby soop :)

At the end of the day they are all pritty much the same so it just comes down to taste and which style you prefer :)

The zx na is around 6-6.5 to 60 and will only do about 20mpg

Here is a pic of Dave's. The driving position of the zx is better and there is alot more space than the soop. but i love my baby soop :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/roberts12345/300ZX/Front1.jpg

At the end of the day they are all pritty much the same so it just comes down to taste and which style you prefer :)

i love that!