The mkiv Supra Owners Club

starting after a few months

ukApache

I find making sure its not in gear a good start;)

A general check, making sure the battery has been replaced or if you kept it in storage make sure the terminals are secure and correct polarity, it should start

I would then suggest a full service, oil change, plugs, filter and coolant change before wot or spirited runs

i did a oil + filter change, gave it a wash, put a cover over it (this came off) & left it sat on the driveway :) For some reason i also thought it was a good idea to leave it with an empty fuel tank :blink:

Hmm...empty fuel tank you say...first of all i would go and buy a petrol can and put some petrol in her.

If you do start her up on empty as its been resting and not being used, the fuel pump will suck up all the sh*t from the deposits left

in the fuel tank when you last used her...

Hmm...empty fuel tank you say...first of all i would go and buy a petrol can and put some petrol in her.

If you do start her up on empty as its been resting and not being used, the fuel pump will suck up all the sh*t from the deposits left

got it :)

thanks for the help guys!

Check none of your brakes have seized before driving it

Good point,

Hopefully there shouldnt be any deposits but if there were the fuel pump filter should take care of that,

but I'd assume you werent going to start/drive the car without fuel anyhow, your oil and filter should be fine, I'd suggest a coolant change though, and the rest of the fluids pretty soon

Good point,

Hopefully there shouldnt be any deposits but if there were the fuel pump filter should take care of that,

but I'd assume you werent going to start/drive the car without fuel anyhow, your oil and filter should be fine, I'd suggest a coolant change though, and the rest of the fluids pretty soon

Yeh that is true, but everyone knows that a car shouldnt be driven on an empty tank as what i have said above could/will happen.

I thought that the risk could be greater as the car is empty, has a big fuel tank and most importantly, has been left for ages...:)

Check around the engine for rodents and things thet might have crawled into the engine;)

:scare:

Yup, service and change all your oils, inc brake fluid. Its hygroscopic so will probably have absorbed water being left on the drive.

oh and.........when you've washed and polished it, update your garage!! nice carpet btw :p:D

Lxx

One thing i do to any engine that hasn't been started for a while is to pull the appropriate fuse, EFI in the Supras case and crank it until you get some oil pressure before starting.

nice one :)

anyone know where to find this fuse??

edit: found it :D