The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon fiber door cards

_Shane_

I was only changing them to add my own little touch to the supra thats all and think

they would look tasty fitted too :)

just bear in mind you have to cut the openings for electric window switches ect, there is a member on here with these, i believe he got them from lucifer:blink:

just bear in mind you have to cut the openings for electric window switches ect, there is a member on here with these, i believe he got them from lucifer:blink:

That'd be me again :)

I didn't want a) the stress of cutting holes in the nice carbon fibre or b) to break up the lovely smoothness of everything by fitting the window switches and speakers back in, so I mounted the drivers side switch set in the space for the ashtray. It works quite well, I just need to get around to making a cover for it to tidy it up a bit.

That'd be me again :)

I didn't want a) the stress of cutting holes in the nice carbon fibre or b) to break up the lovely smoothness of everything by fitting the window switches and speakers back in, so I mounted the drivers side switch set in the space for the ashtray. It works quite well, I just need to get around to making a cover for it to tidy it up a bit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/BikerInSupra/Supra/DSC00065.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/BikerInSupra/Supra/DSC00068.jpg

Sweet door panels, The switches in the ashtray looks a huge amount of balls though ;)

I bought a pair of Seibon carbon door cards a while back,they do look stunning fitted but they were a nightmare to fit.I had to grind away a fair bit off the back of the panel to get a good fit.

I myself decided to cut holes in the panels to fit the window switches as this saved me having to re-route the wiring,but it's a nervy job to say the least.

It took me 3 days in total and i lost count of how many times i fitted + removed them whilst trimming the back of the panels to get them to fit.

Here are some pics of mine

Edited by Hoppy
Extra pic added (see edit history)

To be honest i was suprised with how heavy they were,as you all probably know the OEM panels weigh next to nothing,so in truth you would be adding weight by fitting these Seibon panels.

Not sure sure of the exact weight as i did'nt weigh them but i'm guessing 1-2kg a side.

The panels have a backing coat of fibreglass which kind of defeats the purpose of using lightweight carbon fibre.

Although as a visual upgrade these Seibon panels look the biz!!