The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coil overs

bmx1lew

What are the cheapest and best coilovers for around £500? If i get new shocks and new lowering springs i am looking at more then the price of a set of coil overs so might as well get some for street use, what do you recomend and what are best value ( cheap but good)

Tein

K sport

D2

JIC Magic

APexi N1?

Gab

any others worth looking into, I dont want track coil overs as i have been advised it will be too hard for road use and is pointless for me as i only use the car to get from A to B :)

Lew

new shocks are about £100 each then lowering springs are about £220 so still round the 600 mark, I said £500ish because i was sure teins were about that but when looking there not, so looking for some around £600ish

Apparently K-sport are not very good at all same with HKS so scrap them.

Lew.

new shocks are about £100 each then lowering springs are about £220 so still round the 600 mark, I said £500ish because i was sure teins were about that but when looking there not, so looking for some around £600ish

Lew.

for teins, £500 doesnt include the top mounts - there extra ;)

Lew.

All the ones you listed will be lower and much stiffer than stock billies and springs. I think it's very important at this stage that you make it clear what you will be using the car for.

Either way you'll just get a bunch of replies the folks have bought X or Y kit and think it's the dogs when they have nothing or little else to compare it to...

All the ones you listed will be lower and much stiffer than stock billies and springs. I think it's very important at this stage that you make it clear what you will be using the car for.

Either way you'll just get a bunch of replies the folks have bought X or Y kit and think it's the dogs when they have nothing or little else to compare it to...

I've had stock, stock shocks with eibach springs, and now teins, tbh, i prefere the teins (but that just me - i like it hard.. ooer)

What are the cheapest and best coilovers for around £500? If i get new shocks and new lowering springs i am looking at more then the price of a set of coil overs so might as well get some for street use, what do you recomend and what are best value ( cheap but good)

Tein

K sport

D2

JIC Magic

APexi N1?

Gab

any others worth looking into, I dont want track coil overs as i have been advised it will be too hard for road use and is pointless for me as i only use the car to get from A to B :)

Lew

You could even get chris wilson suspension too. Very good guy and he sets it up very well...homer had it on his supe a long time ago i believe...;) :p

Costs around the £1000 mark though...

You could even get chris wilson suspension too. Very good guy and he sets it up very well...homer had it on his supe a long time ago i believe...;) :p

Costs around the £1000 mark though...

Nope, not me mate! Though my next car will be needing the CW magic ;)