Tax!!!!

markus99

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the new tax jump only effects cars from march 2002 onwards im sure, £101.75 for 6months or 185 for the year

According to DVLA it's cars that are registered after 1st March 2001, however to be covered by the new tax codes they either need to be type M1 approved (the supra is not) OR have a CO2 reading on the V5.

So far the only Supra I know effected by this is Silversoop's one as it had a 305(ish) reading on the V5.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Depends how old it is and if your car had a CO2 test when the SVA was done. There are a couple of Supras which are being stung for over £450.

thats still cheap, its £900 a year here, and yes thats pounds! 1220 euro for the year

you guys are lucky.. i pay nearly €1300 per year on road tax :(

'kin 'ell!

Is insurance still as bad there as it was a few years ago? Couldn't believe the prices some people were paying to insure sh*t heaps

Guess some of that goes back to the driving test freebie the gov gave out a while ago.. Must admit driving in Ireland was an interesting experience, the drivers seem to be either 'reasonable' or totally unaware/dangerous.

There are a couple of Supras which are being stung for over £450.
No there isn't.

My '53 plate 3.2Ltr M3 (in the highest emissions category) costs less than that to tax. No way an older Supra with a smaller engine could cost that much.

Edit to add:

No offence meant Wez mate, just putting the record straight

According to DVLA it's cars that are registered after 1st March 2001, however to be covered by the new tax codes they either need to be type M1 approved (the supra is not) OR have a CO2 reading on the V5.

So far the only Supra I know effected by this is Silversoop's one as it had a 305(ish) reading on the V5.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Yep thats about right!...bloody stupid road tax!! :(

I contacted DVLA about the tax issue (I have a 97 TT imported in 2007) and it's only done on emissions for cars registered after 2001 with them so my '97 is on the old system (£185 for the year) despite being registered in 2007 with DVLA.

It's done on the date of manufacture so the vast majority of Supras are taxed the old way not on emissions. :D