The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Advice please .........

Jamesy

..... hey all .....

I'm missing my Supra so have decided to put my BMW up for sale - got a fella coming to look this week.

I am very tempted to buy another Supra, but this time a non-turbo due to running costs, insurance purchase cost blah blah blah....

After owning a BPU TT i appriciate that i wont be "quite" the same..

but can anyone give me some advice on the running of them, speed and most importantly, what the average MPG is - i've read back on a few threads and i varties massively so if anyone can post up there recent MPG figures in an N/A it'd be a great help.

Tar muchly! ;)

I get about 28 Mpg on a decent run. 20mpg when hooning around town and country lanes!

You have to get the NA to about 5 - 6k revs to get it to pull well, therefore if you boot it you will go through fuel like fatties go through pies.....:D

H.

You just drive NA same like TT - carefull when wet, fast when dry. 0-60 in around 6 sec, max speed around 150 mph, MPG depends how and where you drive - between 20 - 35 MPG.

Servicing is dead easy, access to everything except spark plugs is wide open. Reliable, not many things can go wrong, if you change fluids and filters regular.

Guest Piston_Broke
I get about 28 Mpg on a decent run. 20mpg when hooning around town and country lanes!

You have to get the NA to about 5 - 6k revs to get it to pull well, therefore if you boot it you will go through fuel like fatties go through pies.....:D

H.

What he said ^^^ , I bought my n/a auto for economy reasons and dont regret it at all .

Enjoy the style mate as when fuel hits 1.50 a litre it will only the fortunate few that can feed several hundred horsepower on a regular basis :(

What he said ^^^ , I bought my n/a auto for economy reasons and dont regret it at all .

Enjoy the style mate as when fuel hits 1.50 a litre it will only the fortunate few that can feed several hundred horsepower on a regular basis :(

Basically, people with lots of money......:rolleyes:

H.

Guest poodle

so whats the fuel consumption of the TT? Im currently getting about 23mpg out of my alfa 156tspark. which lets be honest is pretty poor considering the output.

Guest mattsupra

i bought mine from coventry and i live in grimsby which is about 140+ mls and it cost me less than £20 to get home so i think there not too bad really

matt

Same here as Havard and Konio, as poor as 20ish mpg crawling around town in traffic, as much as 28 mpg on a clear A road or MWay run. Combined miles I get about 320 miles to a tank, less if I'm tanking it everywhere :eyebrows: more if I'm avoiding the petrol pumps :lol:

In terms of maitenance, apart from replacing worn components they are pretty much bullet proof with good fuel, lubricants and regular servicing keeping them in tip top nic :)

Linda

Guest poodle

okay i can live with that kinda consumption, now the burning question, how many litres to a tank (basically my work pays for 1 tank of fuel per week)

okay i can live with that kinda consumption, now the burning question, how many litres to a tank (basically my work pays for 1 tank of fuel per week)

i'm sure its 70 litres for a UK car and 60 litres for a Jspec....

Guest poodle

i read also somewhere that the uk tanks are bigger, this would be more advantagous to me on my "tank per week" deal.