The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can't decide on a colour

DannoSupra

Well as some of you know, engine is out of my Supra and im in the middle of rebuilding for Single Turbo

At the same time, its having a respray. But i can't decide on a colour. Its going to have the proper job, doors, bonnet, bumpers, front wings, windows etc off to spray

Im in between Jet Black, Candy Red or Blue

It'll have a Carbon Bonnet, Carbon DoLuck Mouth, Carbon TRD Fin with Carbon SideCaps. So i need something that'll look good with Carbon

I quite like White with those carbon goodies

Any Suggerstions, Pics etc?

Cheers Guys

Guest mattsupra

keep it black but put a candy red over the top so its like a really dark red but black if you get what i mean ? (probably not lol)

it would look similar to dark cherry red awsome colour

matt

when doing a colour change i chose to stick to an off the shelf colour from a production car (Citroen) and boy am i glad i resisted all these candys, flips and one offs etc, you will inevitably pick up some knocks and scratchs, with a widely available colour you can touch up and make the scratch virtually invisible (only you would know where it is), with all these "special" colours yes you will have an original colour but what will you do when you scratch it, re-spray the whole car ?, my advise would be to have a mooch round Halfords and pick a colour, as long as its not close to Mr T's stock colours you will still have something reasonably original

Well as some of you know, engine is out of my Supra and im in the middle of rebuilding for Single Turbo

At the same time, its having a respray. But i can't decide on a colour. Its going to have the proper job, doors, bonnet, bumpers, front wings, windows etc off to spray

Im in between Jet Black, Candy Red or Blue

It'll have a Carbon Bonnet, Carbon DoLuck Mouth, Carbon TRD Fin with Carbon SideCaps. So i need something that'll look good with Carbon

I quite like White with those carbon goodies

Any Suggerstions, Pics etc?

Cheers Guys

Black should cover the carbon quite nicely :thumbs:

I was thinking like a Piano Jet Black, then a hint of green or purple in the paint, so when the sun hits it it'll look awsome... not glitter, like a shade/shimmer

And as some say, cant have it too rare cos if something does happen, then the bodyshop wont be able to match the colour

Didn't Ford do a nice black/purple - Aubergine?!