The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FMIC Intercooler Qst

mplavery

Hi ppl

Due to me having a new front end on my car soon, i thought i would clean up my FMIC ...Im using Autosol to clean it up as best as i can but i dont know what to do about the fins...A few of the fins are bent and have corrosion on them, There not the best condition but i wanna try and give it the new look again

Was thinking of spraying them maybe ??? any ideas

cheers ...

Straighten the bent fins with a pair of small screwdrivers. Use one to bend a fin into position, then the other on the other side to press it straight against the first screwdriver. Line the bent fins all up in this way and it'll look as good as new.

Paint it matt black. Looks the business and transfers heat much better than shiny aluminium.

Thanks guys..its not in really bad cond rob but i might find out how much it is to replace the fins..

i will bend the fins back in place and was thinking to spray it silver

Did not really wanna spray it black, I dont know if its going to affect the cooling though...my guess is if it does i wont notice the difference

Just thought i would see what other ppl have done

• 1 month later...