PDA

View Full Version : UK clear rear indicator mod.

Wipeout
05-12-03, 23:33
What do you think??
Does this mod suit these lights??

Im not sure if i like it on these ones, compared to the JDM ones.

Have a look and comment.
Thanks
:)

Willson
05-12-03, 23:39
I like it :) Very clean :cool:

Scooter
05-12-03, 23:55
I like it too :)

its looking less and less like my old car (no bad thing:D )

Keith C
06-12-03, 00:25
Looks ok on white. I actually prefer the stock light clusters on red, as it makes it look like evil eyes from behind.

Sharpie
06-12-03, 00:45
Very nice Chris. Looks great on a white soop:D

Did you breakup a set of j-spec rear lights for the lenses ?

Green Peace
06-12-03, 00:59
Very nice how did ya do it...and I guess you can have clear lenses on the brake lights too.

Though on a white Supra the red lights look fine.
:innocent:

millhouse
06-12-03, 01:28
I have a second set to do my indicators, but mine will be clear, red, red, clear (j-spec)

The brake lights are bigger I think you need uk ones for them (ask dude)

Si your mail box is full

Aerotop Dave
06-12-03, 09:37
Yes, I like that alot :thumbs:

Aerotop Dave
06-12-03, 09:42
Thought I'd see what it looked like if you put them together. Doesn't look as good though:

Wipeout
06-12-03, 13:09
That one is only a Photoshop version, as my clear lens are on there way from the US. (Only cost me $16 shipped :) ) So i think it's worth a go.

I still have all the fun of taking it to bits and fitting them.

I still think it suits the j spec lights better, but i don't want the hassle of rewiring them in, so i will stick with the UK ones.

Anyway, everyone has the J spec version!!!

Does anyone have some good tips or tricks for when i finally come to break them open?

Cheers

LeeT
06-12-03, 16:26
Originally posted by Wipeout
That one is only a Photoshop version, as my clear lens are on there way from the US. (Only cost me $16 shipped :) ) So i think it's worth a go.

I still have all the fun of taking it to bits and fitting them.

I still think it suits the j spec lights better, but i don't want the hassle of rewiring them in, so i will stick with the UK ones.

Anyway, everyone has the J spec version!!!

Does anyone have some good tips or tricks for when i finally come to break them open?

Cheers

looks good mate. where abouts in us did you get the lenses from. thats a cheap price, i want some

Bobbeh
06-12-03, 16:47
Originally posted by 200SX Boy
Thought I'd see what it looked like if you put them together. Doesn't look as good though:

Not Nice! :eek:

Wipeout, I think that looks pretty cool :cool:

The white on a white car looks nice!

Ibrar Jabbar
06-12-03, 17:32
I was the first to do this mod some years back, see attached pic on my J-spec Supra.

Sharpie
06-12-03, 17:35
Link does not work even if you copy and paste it into the address bar ?

Ibrar Jabbar
06-12-03, 17:42
I will try again:baa:

Bobbeh
06-12-03, 17:45
Cut n past shortcut in a new window and it will work fine.

I guess tripod dont like extrernal linking or sommat.

Wipeout
06-12-03, 20:23
Originally posted by leett
looks good mate. where abouts in us did you get the lenses from. thats a cheap price, i want some

Some friendly chap on Supraforums had a set he removed from some damaged lights and didn't want much for them so i gladly took them off his hands (bargin) :D

Jake
06-12-03, 20:28
Originally posted by Ibrar Jabbar
I was the first to do this mod You can't know that for sure [/pedantic] :tongue:

Jake
06-12-03, 20:31
Originally posted by Wipeout
Attachment: supra photo lights sml.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s). I was looking at that picture and thinking "Hmmm, looks familiar"
Then I realised it's where my sister lives. I drive past there when I go to hers, she's about 200yds further up that road, I've never seen a Supra there though, is that where you live Chris?

Wipeout
06-12-03, 20:40
Very close to there. I work at the Factory a bit further back toward the roundabout and live over the other side of the Dual carriageway.

Soonto"HAS"soop
06-12-03, 22:00
Originally posted by Jake
I was looking at that picture and thinking "Hmmm, looks familiar"

Either that's a posh area of the country or I live in a sh1t hole, just look how classy the drain covers are there!! :confused: :confused:

I think it must be that I live in a nova infested sh1te hole! :(

Ben..

Wipeout
07-12-03, 01:22
Not posh. Lots on Nova's to.

I had to borrow that man hole cover from a few streets away just for my photo :) also the nice scenery is all Photoshop editing, it's not that good round here.

Elliot
08-12-03, 00:30
Hmmm, is that Fareham creek? Does that road follow round to the traffic lights where the garage (under Newgate lane) is?

If so, I live around 5 minutes from there, I'm gunna run round & pinch your white uk headlamp cleaners & stick em on my black Supe, will look well classy!

Wipeout
08-12-03, 12:03
Don't tell every one where it is. We want to keep our drain covers :D

Your more that welcome to those damn ugly washers!!!

Sharpie
16-01-04, 23:50
Chris, Did you get your lights done yet ?

Wipeout
17-01-04, 10:55
No not yet. I took the light off and couldn't figure out how to get the damn thing apart.
I realise it needs to be heated up and prised apart but haven't had a chance to do it yet.
Laziness got the better of me for the moment.

Sharpie
17-01-04, 16:23
:cool:

heckler
17-01-04, 17:40
I've finally mod'd mine, so they look like initail photo in this thread... used a pair of J-Spec lights and a set of UK ones, now have the UK ones on... with a bit of wiring going on too...

si

Wipeout
17-01-04, 18:05
Si, you will have to let us know how to tackle this one. I have the lens ready to go in, but was a bit unsure where to start, Melting bits and pieces.

Wipeout
29-02-04, 15:28
Finished product.

I opted to do the mod to a set of "superior" *Cough cough* J-spec lights, in my opinion, this mod suits these lights better than the UK lights.

I have used the silver fusion type bulbs to avoid the egg look.

Here you go.

Red
29-02-04, 16:27
Very nice mate, It definately suits the White car.

Good old fareham creek hey!! I used to play down there when I was a kid. I grew up in fareham and go back all the time to see my mates. There seem to be a lot of supes in the area, must be something in the water (Tap water that is......not fareham creek!!) :thumbs:

Wipeout
01-03-04, 08:31
Yip. Good old Fareham. This bit off scenerey must be very popular as a few of you guys have spotted it now. It must be time to move to a more secret location :) What's wrong with drinking the water then (Creek water that is not tap):D

Sharpie
01-03-04, 12:06
Nice on a white soop :)

Red
02-03-04, 00:27
I used to go conoeing and sailing in the water( sea scouts;) ) and got a few mouthfulls of fareham creek water in my time! never did me any harm (flicks head back twice while bearing teeth)

Jake
02-03-04, 00:35
Originally posted by Red
I used to go conoeing and sailing in the water
Sailing in the water? Good choice!
:tongue:

Green Peace
02-03-04, 00:46
Originally posted by Jake

Maybe Red lives on the 'Red' planet Mars where water is rare.
:D

I remeber a friend saying to me that he once met some French students from France he he

Bless Bless Bless.
:innocent:

Jake
02-03-04, 01:01
Originally posted by Green Supra
I remeber a friend saying to me that he once met some French students from France he he
I find that a bit hard to believe

(that you've got a friend)

Red
02-03-04, 01:03

PMSL!!! Yeah, the concrete just wasn't doing the bottom of my boat any good at all :who:

heckler
02-03-04, 01:44
Chris,

Nice to see you finally got it done!

This is my UK version on a J-Spec!

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/arse.jpg

Dragonball
02-03-04, 05:18
Please remind an old git what you need to get for a full clear line-up

Was it 2xJap spec and a UK spec?

Also which bulbs after please (size/model would be good!)

Cheers

Ricer:thumbs:

Wipeout
02-03-04, 10:28
Originally posted by heckler
Chris,

Nice to see you finally got it done!

This is my UK version on a J-Spec!

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/arse.jpg

Looks good. you will have to stick in a set of silver bulbs, or paint them, it cleans it up much more.

Wipeout
02-03-04, 10:37
Originally posted by Paul E
Please remind an old git what you need to get for a full clear line-up

Was it 2xJap spec and a UK spec?

Also which bulbs after please (size/model would be good!)

Cheers

Ricer:thumbs:

Yes, you need 2 of each type.
As for bulbs, there is a web site that sells orange & red bulbs that are coated silver, i can dig out the info if you want. I think it is ace bulbs.co.uk or something like that. I got a set of the orange silver ones and they are ok.