The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decats Question

Jads

If I am going to do a BPU then I understand that the decat part is just replacing the 2 pipes with cats in to regular catless pipes.

If I get an aftermarket catback exhaust, this implies that I get components of the exhaust to attach after the cats?

So I do a BPU and have catless exhaust system, then buy an aftermarket exhaust (such as Blitz Nur Spec RX) and this is slapped on after the cat(less) pipes, with the restrictor ring in between?

THanks in advance for helping me clear this up =]

---Jads

EDIT: Also, how hard is it to put in both decat pipes by yourself?

It's usually 2 pipes - one instead of 1st cat and second instead of 2nd cat. Restriction ring is between 1st and second decat pipe (if I remember correctly :p ). Do not make long single pipe, it's easier to put second cat only at MOT time then to swap all system, especially, that it is pain on arse to put in/take off first cat.

changing the cats over is ok. the nuts on mine needed to be heated up red hot in order to get them off. you might as well have a bash yourself though. To get to the first cat bolts nearest the manifold you need to go from underneath the car with an extension, not down in from the top

• 2 months later...
changing the cats over is ok. the nuts on mine needed to be heated up red hot in order to get them off. you might as well have a bash yourself though. To get to the first cat bolts nearest the manifold you need to go from underneath the car with an extension, not down in from the top

I need to do this and having got under the car can see what you mean.

Do you use sockets as the studs are too long for normal sockets?

Can you get long sockets?

The one on the left side (I think) looks really difficult if it has to be a spanner job :(

Guest Nizam

hi i was goin you same thing about decat pipe. do i really need double or first decat pipe for my twin turbo? i just want to upgrade mate.

please let me know if i need first decat or two