The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Split Rim Bolts

Dnk

Does anyone know of a uk supplier for these, ive tried quite a few with no joy.

I need 200 nuts with M7 thread and 200 Rimscrews or Bolts with same thread and 30 mm long under the head in high quality st/st.

Cheers

Dunk

My Speedlines have M7s and I couldn't find any new bolts anywhere. I tried Japan, Hong Kong, The US, those crazy dutch... I just made sure I was careful and also had the joy of cleaning all 160 nuts and bolts :cry:

I'd take Chris's advice and get them drilled out to M8 :)

-Ian

I'd like to keep the bolts the same as in the picture rather than cap heads or normal hex heads.

Im used to drilling holes so thats not an issue if i could get these shoulder type bolts easier in 8mm.

Ive already had to machine the center piece of the wheels due to being out by too much (back and front face not true to each other or the center hub). not impressed considering how much they were, oh well.

Ive found a place in Germany and for what i want there approx 300 euros !! so around £240, cant see why there so hard to get here, jesus didnt we invent engineering :(

va_13.jpg

DSCF0472.JPG

M7 is definitely an oddball, none common thread size, drill the holes oversize. Just use either a UNF bolt the nearest size (5/16), or drill out and use M8. M8 capheads are common in stainless, as are most UNF threads around that size. You can get 7 mm capheads, but very unlikely in stainless.

Cheers for the info :)

Sorry, can't help then, you know me, I'd rather use an Unbrako cap head and KNOW what it's made of than something that looks pretty but is of unknown material spec. OZ used to use something similar, but i don't know about 7 mm. The bolts in the photo look like they are BZP, not stainless.

That was just a sample photo of the type of head and its possibly worth you looking at the website i posted the link to as there is plenty of info on there regarding material specs quality control etc

Im not buying them just because they look pretty :rolleyes: we arent all blinded by bling in here :p ive been a toolroom cnc engineer for over 30 years so understand what your saying :)

Try a place called Allthread in Preston, they have never not had what me or mates have been looking for.

If they don't do it, then they can usually order stuff.

Give them a ring. If they can sort you out I can collect and post them to you.

Thanks, i'll give them a call :)

Hi Dunk, i sent the details onto him when you PMd me, not seen my uncle for a week or so now.

Ill call him tonight, he should be home from work for the weekend

Cheers Rob, i should have the wheels finished and ready to re-assemble in around a week so appreciate you asking your Uncle for me.

No probs if he cant help and i'll order the ones i found in Germany, they have the bolts and nuts in stock so unless they get lost in the post i would have thought i'd get them inside a week.

Dont want to miss japfest and im not taking the car on the o/e 17's as it looks awful :D

DSCF0474.JPG

Just sent you a PM mate :(

Does show the difference the widebody makes doesnt it :)

PM'd you back mate:)

Just a bit, you want to see it outside in the daylight !! drove it back from Ibrars like that slunk down in the seat :D

Have you tried bbs or speedline... I know speedline do that type of bolt in 7mm as we have bought them before for f40's and 288 gto's wheels. or you can get them from a ferrari dealer but they are not cheap. about £260 plus vat for 200..:(

Have you tried bbs or speedline... I know speedline do that type of bolt in 7mm as we have bought them before for f40's and 288 gto's wheels. or you can get them from a ferrari dealer but they are not cheap. about £260 plus vat for 200..:(

Thanks for the info, im ordering them from Germany now and a little cheaper than £260.

Ordered the bolts and nuts yesterday and just spoke to them today to see if all was going to plan and my order was despatched yesterday pm :)

I might just make japfest at this rate as long as my polisher pulls his finger out and gets my lips all shiny again :)