The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Bearing? Help!

R3DG3CKO ROB

Hi Guys

I hope someone can hellp... I think my front nr side wheel bearing may have gone but don't know for sure...

I've got a rhythmic thud coming from the passenger side footwell which feels like there's something stuck to the tyre... (as I go faster so does the thud)

I can feel it through the steering sometimes... Does this sound like a bearing problem or something more serious? I know I've got a sticky piston (being replaced soon) but didn't think that'd make that kind of noise?

VERY unlikely to be the bearing, tyre, wheel or disc issue I'd say.

:) What have you had checked from CW's causes mate.

There was a bizarre tyre explanation posted recently about tyre degradation on the INSIDE :blink: Absolute mare to find that one.

Not now you know to check though. :D

I've had the wheel off and checked it over... nothing obvious wrong, no cracks, dinks etc. no bald spots on the tyre, no nails / small animals in the tread...

dunno how I'd check the inside of the tyre.... I think I'm just gonna have to wait til the conversion and see if the problem goes away... I'm praying it's just the dodgy piston but can't see it myself...

I've had the wheel off and checked it over... nothing obvious wrong, no cracks, dinks etc. no bald spots on the tyre, no nails / small animals in the tread...

dunno how I'd check the inside of the tyre.... I think I'm just gonna have to wait til the conversion and see if the problem goes away... I'm praying it's just the dodgy piston but can't see it myself...

you could always change the front wheels over...............i know the tyres are probably directional but it will be ok to just test to see if the knocking is still passenger side?