The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on new car

Jamil

This advice may have been asked for many times but I want to get some opinions on my situation.

I currently have NA manual and I want a new car preferably a TT supra. I was planning on spending around £10k on a new Supra (includes the money from the sale of my car).

What I have been thinking is would it be worth getting a TT engine put in my car! I really like my car – there is nothing wrong with it, it’s just not fast enough. Just got UK brakes fitted and the front bumper re-sprayed.

So would I be better off selling up and buying a 6 Speed TT supra? Or keeping mine and fitting a TT engine?

Would I save money keeping mine? I understand I would probably need a new gear box and clutch to cope with the extra power.

Your opinions would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks

£10k will get you a lot of TT mate.

agreed but that £10K includes proceeds from his NA, so we need to know how much he thinks the NA will get.............ie is it reasonable.

As the na is 5 speed and an older model i think selling and getting a TT is definitely better.............

agreed but that £10K includes proceeds from his NA, so we need to know how much he thinks the NA will get.............ie is it reasonable.

As the na is 5 speed and an older model i think selling and getting a TT is definitely better.............

Good point although I did assume since he didn't ask what his was worth that he had a good idea how much he was going to get for it.

If it was one of the newer ones it would have been a harder choice.

I have a na 5 speed, with uk brakes, uk headlights, HID's, good sound system and loads of other bits, it is in excellent condition. I was hoping for around the £5k mark.

So I would have around £5k for new engine, etc if I was to do that.

My thinking behind it, is it could be a cheaper option changing the engine and then to certain degree I know what work has been done on it. I do fancy a new car but don't really want to sell mine.

At £5K you won't, so it's academic, sorry :)

Why do you think it won't? What is the going rate for good NA?

I dont want this thread to get into a debate about how much my car is worth! I want your guys expert advise on whether it is worth keeping mine and changing the engine or buying a new TT?

you could sell it at 5k i reckon, but it would take ages to find someone who can appreciate the work that has gone into it. I put a TT lump in mine as i couldn't let it go for cheap money, and didnt want the hassle of time wasters etc... and i've put allot of work into it and know it inside out....i love my car :)

If you could get together 10k, that would buy you a VERY nice TT