The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake & Discs required any sugegstions suppliers

drnas78

Hi there

My supra is in the garage as due to Calipre problem OSF wheel

I didnt realise there was a problem for while so i assume i may have knackered the Brake pads and Disc, The garage i use has ordered a repair kit which may do the trick but may require Disc and pads

What i wanted to know is is there anybody or any supplier you peeps could recommend possibly people we use as our official supplers for the club etc i dont fancy paying dealership prices.

I am based in Birmingham but i supose mail order be ok to.

Vechile is a Non Turbo Auto Jap import 1997 facelift 18 inch wheels i beleive the calipres are standard sz eno upgrade on breaks or calipres..

is it best to change both side pads and discs or just pad son both sides and disc if on the sde its knackered

Many Thanks

Nisar

Just checked your garage you have the smaller 2 pot front and 1 pot rear brakes.

Always change both sides together, I have TRD pads in stock if needed, discs are very heavy and so expensive to post from here so best to buy new OEM ones from a local Toyota dealer, part numbers you need are:

43512-14190 Front Disc (same number for both sides)

42431-30140 Rear Disc (same number for both sides)

Be careful - if it's a caliper problem it's likely the classic hairline fracture around the bleed nipple you get with the smaller jdm calipers. I wouldn't be repairing that! Replace it with another good caliper but personally I'd use it as a good reason to upgrade to the full larger OEM brake setup with 4-pot fronts and 2-pot rears. In fact that's exactly what I did :)

Hello mate,

I had the same problem last week. I had a siezed caliper on the passenger side. I know the forum member supra61 has a set of discs, calipers and pads going as he has had them upgraded. I was going to buy them but the garage had already ordered them for me and would have hammered me with a handling charge if I cancelled. I m sure if you PM'd him he would give you a price for them.

Good news tho, once my caliper was sorted, it completley changed. Ive only had it a couple of months so didnt really know any better, but once it was sorted it made the car drive so much better!:)

Hi

If your in birmingham you could give Steve Manley a call, he gives us a good discount and is at Inchape Toyota, Oxford I think. I've used him for a lot of parts, know his stuff, quick delivery and doesnt cost a lot more for post. I had a set of discs with pads for all round and it cost me £4 post. Supplies for Jsspec N/A's too :) give him a call:

01865 291333

Hope you get it sorted

Linda