The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Air Filter

markybhoy86

mines is coming with a HKS filter already on it but its not the same one as on that thread its the cone shape, do u know anywer i can get the stock air filter from?

Keep an eye out in the for sale section mate, try Jezz the breaker on here or you could try Nic for a new one.

If you've already got an HKS filter then might be better looking for an Apexi filter just to make things simple but stock is always going to be best.

My HKS filters were cones/mushrooms.

Here are a couple of options if you do fit an aftermarket induction kit.

Blitz Sonic Power

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/images/products/productimages/main/Sonic_P1.jpghttp://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/images/products/productimages/main/SONIC_P2.jpg

Power Enterprise Air Impulse II

http://power-enterprise.co.jp/english/intake/img/inp_top.jpg http://power-enterprise.co.jp/english/intake/img/1.jpg

how much roughly for a stock one?

Stock one will depend which parts you need, do you have a pic of the engine bay you can post? A complete brand new airbox and hoses will be a couple of hundred pounds. If you post photo I can price for you.

and how much are those aftermarket ones?

I'll pm you details.

is fitting the stock one back on a simple job?

Yes easy DIY job.

am i correct that if you get an FMIC then you have to get a new filter as the stock box gets in the way of the piping?

It depends which FMIC, the ebay ones don't usually fit with the stock airbox I believe. Most of the decent Japanese brand named ones will fit with the stock airbox.

Unfortunetely i have got an HKS filter on mine but the filter is in need of replacement as its quite dirty :D

So other than stock which induction system would anyone recommend??

Blitz sonic induction system?

Power enterprise induction system?

Apexi induction system?

Do they come with heatshields and can i get metal piping other than the rubber type??

Unfortunetely i have got an HKS filter on mine but the filter is in need of replacement as its quite dirty :D

So other than stock which induction system would anyone recommend??

Blitz sonic induction system?

Power enterprise induction system?

Apexi induction system?

Do they come with heatshields and can i get metal piping other than the rubber type??

Does your HKS kit fitted to your car not already include the metal piping? If it does you could just buy a better filter and fit that in it's place (prices sent).

Alternatively I could supply a complete replacement induction kit that includes the piping as well.

Only the Blitz Sonic includes a heat shield.

Does your HKS kit fitted to your car not already include the metal piping? If it does you could just buy a better filter and fit that in it's place (prices sent).

Alternatively I could supply a complete replacement induction kit that includes the piping as well.

Only the Blitz Sonic includes a heat shield.

Yeh i think it does nic. It has metal piping and some rubber aswell. Im not looking for the HKS system purely because,

of what i have heard about them. So basically nic, which filter would you recommend;

Blitz sonic

Power enterprise

Apexi induction