The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coil pack / Engine Loom

turbobungle

HELP! My car has gone in as it 'coughs' when coming on full boost so won't take much more than half throttle. I was told (before it went in) that it was probably just the intercooler connections need cleaning and tightening. I'm now being told that it could be something to with the coil pack, which comes as part of the engine wiring loom which is £1400!!!!!! Does anyone know if this is correct? Thanks, Bungle.

HELP! My car has gone in as it 'coughs' when coming on full boost so won't take much more than half throttle. I was told (before it went in) that it was probably just the intercooler connections need cleaning and tightening. I'm now being told that it could be something to with the coil pack, which comes as part of the engine wiring loom which is £1400!!!!!! Does anyone know if this is correct? Thanks, Bungle.

What garage did you leave it with as it really doesnt sound like they know what they are doing.

As already mentioned the coil packs are less than £100ea and its documented on here how to renew your connectors as they can become brittle, its certainly not £1400.

What garage did you leave it with as it really doesnt sound like they know what they are doing.

As already mentioned the coil packs are less than £100ea and its documented on here how to renew your connectors as they can become brittle, its certainly not £1400.

Its in with Abbey Motorsport, so I thought it'd be ok with them! Apparently they do Supras as well as 'liners now.

It's probably just the coil pack connectors they're referring to, they are a common fatique point on older supra's. They're about £36 for a set of 6.

I've spoken to Abbey Motorsport again and apparently its the plugs that go from the engine wiring loom to the coil pack that are knackered and he's been told by Toyota that these only come as part of the engine loom for £1400 and that he's spoken to Fensport who agreed with Toyota!! Please tell me these connectors at £36.00/set are the same thing and where I can get them!!!! Cheers :(

I've spoken to Abbey Motorsport again and apparently its the plugs that go from the engine wiring loom to the coil pack that are knackered and he's been told by Toyota that these only come as part of the engine loom for £1400 and that he's spoken to Fensport who agreed with Toyota!! Please tell me these connectors at £36.00/set are the same thing and where I can get them!!!! Cheers :(

WTF! £1400!! even if it was the loom you needed changing you could probably get a tt one from a salvage car for like £50. There is a "how to" on here on how to change the connectors, and its not that bad a job to do yourself. Take your car to one that KNOWS supras next time :)

It's a very common issue, just replace the coil pack connects as described in the link above. It's a 20 minute job. Whiffbitz keep the connectors in stock.

I'd listen to these guys mate, and not some garage. Save yourself some dosh and either point them in the direction of this thread of take it elsewhere.

If it is genuinely worse then see my for sale thread, but doing myself out of a sale, take the advice above;)

I'd listen to these guys mate, and not some garage. Save yourself some dosh and either point them in the direction of this thread of take it elsewhere.

If it is genuinely worse then see my for sale thread, but doing myself out of a sale, take the advice above;)

Cheers for all the help guys, I contacted Whifbitz and got a price of £3.50 each (+VAT) then told Abbey M/Sport who will get the bits off of Whifbitz on Monday!