The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with carbon bonnet

Marco79

After struggling to adjust the forward bonnet latches with shims in the aim of getting them far enough down into the hook latch on the car to engage i realise the latch mount plate (on bonnet) is striking the top of the hook latch (on car) making it impossible to fit. Im either going to have to make a pair of custom bonnet latches or remove the latches and fit a pair of bonnet pins. Would this be up to the job or is it to much to rely soley on the pins for security? :search:

yeah i know it happened to a mate of mine on the motorway ended up with it bent round the side of the car . . not nice!

Think i may have to wait while i manufacture some new latches to fit the supra, havent found anywhere that sells them seperately yet.

Just a shame as i would of thought if the latches came with the bonnet they would have been tried and tested . . . guess not :(