The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting new bov

AgtX80

I went to fit my new bov just now thinking it would be a breeze only to find i cant budge the now concrete like hoses, i was hoping to keep them so i could switch it back if i wanted. I take it i have to cut them off.. or is there a way of doing it? I only have screwdrivers & a socket set. No saws or anything.

I just used brute force. Firstly i twisted them till they would turn on the fittings then i pulled them while turning, almost like screwing them off. You could probably buy some type of rubber lubricant from halfrauds that might help. The stuff that gets used on car door/window seals to soften them. Used it on my MR2 as it had a leaky t-bar and it worked a treat.