The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ISPCS is onto you Peadar

Kiunno

Peadar from Galway... The Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Supras is onto you.

Let me explain, I bought my Supra 2 years ago off Peadar who may be here under a different alias as he said he was selling to buy another one but...

Being new to Supras I was green but with the help of this site and all the guys and galls on it your baby is now my baby but much healthier.

I will be the first to admit it but what I have done to give it some TLC is:

A grill for Radiator

Duct for Intercooler Radiator

New Right Headlight

New Lower Front Lower Wishbones

Sump front Guard

Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings

Rear wiper cover (ok it was c99 but took organising)

TRAC has yet to be solved ("just get it connected to a computer and you'll be grand,it's set for off at the moment"):taped:

Uphosltrey on passenger side ripped (cops pulled you over on the road the first time you were bringing the car over to me (to look at it) and mistakenly thought you were a drug dealer,confiscated and pulled the car apart) :rolleyes: :taped:

Right main speaker on drivers door not connected as were the two tweeters on the doors.

Warning lights (oil warning,level etc. I know I know I didn't know about them at the time but I was frothing at the mouth :D),soldered (must do some pics).

Brake judder, new discs,pads coming from Whifbitz, you didn't tell me they were UK brakes either, got Jap Brakes from Whifbitz,sending them back in the morning :rolleyes:

Anyway Peadar you said you were a Rugby man and strange you were uncontactable on your mobile phone after you sold me the car but be consoled your baby is good with me and loved and if I ever see you a Rugby tackle might be in order, I hope this dosen't offend the nicer clann here :D

The ISPCS is watching your house Peader :D

Did you pay a lot for this Supra or something?

Isn't this a case of "buyer beware"? If a car is that bad, don't hand over the money. I am struggling to find the issue other than you bought a car that you're not happy with.

Maybe more research would have been good.

What do you mean about the warning lights being soldered?

Right hand side of a odometer panel you have 3 warning lights (engine, oil etc). Solder on circuit board tends to crack and you have to resolder it to make them work again.

What a very strange thread.

Who is ISPCS? Google says "Israel Society for the Promotion of Classical Studies" ?

Who is Peadar?

Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Supras (ISPCS).

"Let me explain, I bought my Supra 2 years ago off Peadar who may be here under a different alias as he said he was selling to buy another one"

Wake up guys! :p

Right hand side of a odometer panel you have 3 warning lights (engine, oil etc). Solder on circuit board tends to crack and you have to resolder it to make them work again.

Appreciated, I've got a Supra myself. But I still don't get what the thread is about or trying to achieve. From what you say, the car seems to have been fixed. What's the problem?

Wake up guys! :p

To what? That this guy bought a car of questionable quality and now doesn't like it?

Appreciated, I've got a Supra myself. But I still don't get what the thread is about or trying to achieve. From what you say, the car seems to have been fixed. What's the problem?

To what? That this guy bought a car of questionable quality and now doesn't like it?

I think it is just little rant, written with some sence of humour, I like his style :) And I also like fact he is taking proper care about once abused Supra :)

Isn't this a case of "buyer beware"? If a car is that bad, don't hand over the money. I am struggling to find the issue other than you bought a car that you're not happy with.

Correct me man,more research would have been good, my apologies that rant was made on beer

I think it is just little rant, written with some sence of humour, I like his style :) And I also like fact he is taking proper care about once abused Supra :)

Thank you very much Konio, you've done the solder thing,good on ye, when originally I bought a Supra I was frothing at the mouth and didn't know where to look but because of the site I have to say Supra is fixed up fairly good

Konio has explained the warning light thing, and yeah the issue is we're all afraid getting a clanger, thankfully I suppose,oh god I'm locked ...........

Welcome to the Forum mate.

Good to hear you're getting your car sorted out bit by bit.

I think I'd be a little miffed too if I was totally green on a car and someone who I thought I could trust because they put themselves forward as an upstanding member of a respected club told me a load of BS just to offload the car on me, then left me high and dry not answering any calls to ask for help.

I'm sure you appreciate (as most here do) that it's 'buyer beware' and all that, but it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth when someone you thought was trustworthy leaves you with a car that's obviously not as good as they presented it to be and then didsappears of the face of the earth.

What's this about the traction? Is this just the stock traction control or has it got racelogic/something similar? If it's the stock traction control, you can't conect it up to a computer anyway.

• 2 months later...
Welcome to the Forum mate.

Good to hear you're getting your car sorted out bit by bit.

Cheers Soop Dogg, yeah the car is nearly sorted now, I have since changed 2 lower front wishbones,put new discs and pads all round and changed gearbox and diff oil (no fault of Peadars of course)

Yep it's stock traction, goin to have a look at it today hopefully and also have a vehicle speed sensor light coming on which I will investigate today too, i do remember pulling the carpet up in the passenger footwell and seeing a couple of bare wires so they might be something to do with it.

Cheers for the reply Soop.