The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jacking low car

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

Now seriously, my car rips the saying 'low car' not even the toyota jack can get under there:blink: what i want to find is trolley jack but with a square top, not the circle one as that dented the hell out of mine and folded it a good bit:taped:

HELP
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif
what do you guys use??dont mind driving up on a bit of wood to...and where do i place axel stands?! i put them where the diagram says on that 'bump' but thats where it folded!

so basicall need to find a decent jack, buget £100 max

Mine down something like 40mm, so nothing can get in under the front.

The way to go is to get a jack low enough to get in under the sides (where you would place the stock jack) and then lift up the car, place some wooden planks under one of the wheels. Set it down and then use the same low jack to lift the car under the front cross memeber (isn't it called that? I'm Danish, soo...) and then place the jack stands. When you've done it a couple of times the whole drill takes no more than two minutes.

I bought a jack like this and are very happy about it:

http://www.biltema.dk/products/product.asp?iItemId=130300

Here it was something like £100.

You can place your jacks under the same bar going across the car under the engine. When you get the car jacked up you should be able to see a very rough bar about 1 cm of width and 2" tall just between the front wheels. Let me know if you need pics when you get so far.

A few jack stands are created to be able to set on the place you describe, but they need to be build not to bend the thin side thingey you've already seen being bent.

Jacking onto the car seal, the Toyota scissor jack point shouldn't be done with a trolley jack with a metal flat top. It will destroy the jacking points folding them over. Always try to jack from the front of rear cross members with these jack types.

You can however use a trolley jack to jack from the side if you have an adapter for the shape of the seal or something to absorb the shape and effectively distribute the weight. Like a descent block of wood.

I think you will most probably have to jack your car up after driving it up onto something to give you a little lift as finding a trolley jack which is lower than the scissor jack will be difficult.

EDIT:

However I have just found this on ebay, might be low enough...

Jack

Looks good!

you will still need to either drive up on something or better jack the car up from the side as mentioned. The tip of the trolley might get under the car but it will never get to the center to lift it up so you can place jacks under it.

As mentioned above make sure to get a silicone block or something else to absorb the shape of the side jacking points.

where is the cross member I have a trolly jack with a round point and i want to jack the car up but dont see any where to put it?

I normally use the one that came with the car however this is the 3rd time i will have jacked the car up and im sick of winding it up!

where is the cross member I have a trolly jack with a round point and i want to jack the car up but dont see any where to put it?

I normally use the one that came with the car however this is the 3rd time i will have jacked the car up and im sick of winding it up!

As described above, its the bar roughly between the front wheels. You'll see two bars, one between the wheels and one a bit longer back. you can use both, but I tend the use the thin but tall sturdy one.

Guest poodle

on my fto which almost touched the floor on the sideskirts the garage used to push the car onto some wooden planks before jacking it so they could get the trolly under

Guest CoolsBlue

man my supra is basically a few cm's form dragging on the ground, i so wanted my mot this month but im wating to pay/get my wheels fitted:d 17" will look mean, as ill risk smashing something up driving around our area