The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who can supply and fit a TRD kit?

marc_p

Ok, as the title says, I've ordered my new wheels today and just been looking at the car and decided I want it wider aswell but a subtle wide not like the top secret wide, so i've decided I want the TRD kit, but I don't want the vented bonnet and I would preferebly like the flared wings without the vents in, not sure if I want the spoiler yet or keep the veilside one, but anyway who can do the above i.e. supply and fit in the same colour (Red 3L2) and what sort of cost am I going to be looking at?

Cheers

Marc

Might be worth a PM to "albundy68" and "Dnk" for some feedback or have a look through their old threads for quotes like this...

However, the TRD route isnt for the faint harted/short of cash.

15 grand later mine still isnt right!!! :blink:

Dont get me wrong, its the perfect kit for the supe (IMHO), but if you want to do it, make sure you do your homework because it's a long long way from just a new bumper, skirts and spats.

Ok, as the title says, I've ordered my new wheels today and just been looking at the car and decided I want it wider aswell but a subtle wide not like the top secret wide, so i've decided I want the TRD kit, but I don't want the vented bonnet and I would preferebly like the flared wings without the vents in, not sure if I want the spoiler yet or keep the veilside one, but anyway who can do the above i.e. supply and fit in the same colour (Red 3L2) and what sort of cost am I going to be looking at?

Cheers

Marc

Good choice :)

I'll warn you though, if you do get that kit, its not very cheap unless you have a hole burning in your wallet that is...:D

Not sure where i'd start with advice other than dont do it :D

1st bit is cancel your order on the wheels unless you already know how big and with what offsets youll need to fill the Trd arch's.

I have posted a pik to give you an idea of the differance the kit makes, this is with my o/e 17" wheels fitted.

Not sure i want to add up the cost :D

Afraid i cant remember how much the kit was but when youve finished if you have a top job inc wheels i guess £10000 + without problems !

Cheers for the input guy's, look's like i'm going to have to save up a bit, don't want any corners cut. Was hoping for something around the 6k mark :innocent: but I want it done properly so will just have to wait and save. Oh and The wheels are 10 inch wide at the back and 9 at the front, I think. So I think they should fill the arches nicely without the help of 'you-know-who' style spacers.

p.s. DNK, where did you get your's fitted and sprayed?

Cheers for the input guy's, look's like i'm going to have to save up a bit, don't want any corners cut. Was hoping for something around the 6k mark :innocent: but I want it done properly so will just have to wait and save. Oh and The wheels are 10 inch wide at the back and 9 at the front, I think. So I think they should fill the arches nicely without the help of 'you-know-who' style spacers.

p.s. DNK, where did you get your's fitted and sprayed?

My wheels are 10" front and 11.5" rear !!

A mate has a bodyshop here in the midlands, he doesnt fit kits though but helped me when the 1st place i used screwed it all up.

My wheels are 10" front and 11.5" rear !!

A mate has a bodyshop here in the midlands, he doesnt fit kits though but helped me when the 1st place i used screwed it all up.

11.5!!!:blink: *re-thinks what people mean when they say wide*

Anyway, cheers for the info :thumbs:

As Al & Dunk will testify its lot of work and rather expensive to do it properly. You need £10k to do a proper job - thats for the kit, the paint and fit and proper fitting wheels.

The kits we supply are the best available, they will still need a (very) good bodyshop to install properly.

Regards,

Gaz.