The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grrr... another hit and run!

AndrewOW

Just driving to work this morning and with free moving traffic down a dual carriageway, from a roundabout, into the 'fast' (40mph) lane to overtake a couple of slow moving cars before I got to my turning a few hundred metres down the road.

I was already in the fast lane to overtake these cars, while following an old Saab that was also moving at a decent speed, and the next thing I know is, one of the cars in the inside lane decides to also overtake the slower car in the inside lane without looking or indicating. :mad:

I slammed my brakes on and managed to control the car to lessen the impact, and I didn't really feel anything, but she came to a complete halt (in a panic I assume). I pulled in behind her. Unfortunately by that time the road was becoming busy with cars backing up behind us, so I indicated out and motioned to the driver of the other car to pull in to the next junction (my exit), but her face was bright red (matching her car), and she never even looked my way at all. Maybe she was thinking I was swearing at her :search:

I then proceeded to the exit, parked up and got out to have a look at the damage, on the nearside front wing. Luckily its not too severe, so I walked back to the end of the road to see where she was at, and she'd driven off! I couldn't believe it. I didn't even get her registration or make of car.

Anyway, its going to cost me £150 to fix, and it couldn't have happened at a worse time, but hey-ho its got to be done. Hopefully in time for the next Brighton meet (27th April) :)

EDIT: I'll upload a photo when I get home.

Wait at the same place tomorrow... she might have been on her way to work and thus might go that way again tomorrow.

I'll be certainly looking out for it. The driver was reasonably attractive too, so won't be too difficult to spot ;).

It could've been a Citroen C2, but the red was very Ferrari like. Maybe the Fiat as I mentioned above.

I've reported it to the police, and have a reference number, just in case she tries to do the same thing!

Maybe they'll put a 'Police accident' sign up, just to see if she owns up. I doubt it though, as she looked petrified and highly embarrassed when I pulled along side her.