The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Photos! Awesome shots!:D

Firestorm

Hey guys,

this weekend i had my mate down and hes a pro photographer- hes working a new style called HDR (high dynamic Range) so he said he do some of the supe... so he we go with new HDR photos of the supe.. big thank you to Matt cos i think they look amazing! - not ur average straight shot.. !

thanks

Pete

P.S having some hosting issues of the photos... there are more will be sorted at lunch.. but managed to get one up.! thanks

Yeh sorry shooting HDR Object isnt new, however shooting Models- or more specific Alt models which my gf is- is new.. well not done as much (due to movement) plus its new to the photographer. if you think its nothing special then thats your opinion- i personally think it looks fantastic- i like things that arent conventional and i love the tones and the way that hdr bring so much more pixels to the human eye.

Rear spoiler = Hiro - its like the TRD one but twin bladed- however i can't seem to find it anywhere.

front = veilside.

oh also did some forced flash shots to.

wheel position was smthing we tired. just to give a different look then just a straight on shot.. we did some with the wheel out and straight on.. was all done ystday and togopher edit it all last nite.. but got more frm the day to come..soemtime in the next week.. these were just some taster shots.

wheel position was smthing we tired. just to give a different look then just a straight on shot.. we did some with the wheel out and straight on.. was all done ystday and togopher edit it all last nite.. but got more frm the day to come..soemtime in the next week.. these were just some taster shots.

Wheel out is fine, you just had it pointing the wrong way for the shot to work.

Some of the ones you have added now look a lot more "HDR" than the original, a bit dark but still nice snaps.

Nice shots of car but as far as

shooting Models- or more specific Alt models which my gf is- is new.. well not done as much (due to movement)
what you do is shoot a single frame in RAW and then in your RAW file converter software make 3 versions of the same image with -2 stops exposure, normal and +2 stops, save them separately and then merge them to get your HDR image. This way there's no probs with movement as you're just using one image as your base image.

The effect isn't quite true HDR but it's pretty good anyway.

Sorry, had to get the photo advice in as I'm a pro photog myself!

The effect isn't quite true HDR but it's pretty good anyway.

..true you could do that, but in bright sunlight if you use exposure bracketing and continuous shooting then you might be able to get away with firing off three shots without movement being much of an issue.

well im goin by what my friend said. 3 shots merged in essence.. i mean ur tottally spot on with what u said. but movement is a problem as ur leaving it longer and your taking 3 photos of the same thing which means if have movemnt u would get a discrepancies.. althought minor movent not a huge problem as it can be adjusted in photoshop...ps i beleive they have hdr software now anyway.. - plus tone mapping.

Photoshop CS3 has an alignment feature for HDR merging which will help with 3 quick shots of anything that might move but the best way is to make 3 versions of the same shot to completely erradicate movement from the finished result. At least that's what my friend who the European tech consultant for Canon told me! I've only ever done HDR with buildings so no movement probs with tripod etc.

Anyway, I didn't want to hijac the thread just offer a bit of advice!

Agree with Michael, I tend to prefer the more extreme HDR shots, bit like these ones:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=99812

Still very nice though, I love the technique.

yeh thats cool and i like that - prob should of explained that i like the kind of dark- moody pics.. i guess tog and me/gf come frm that kind of alternative influence.