The mkiv Supra Owners Club

civic vti to supra

blackshadow

wow. another local. hiya. :)

Where abouts in Northampton are you?

Ive never been in a civic so i couldnt say. What bhp/model etc was your civic? i know some of them can get quite quick depending on mods.

im in kettering area well i belive the civic vti is about 0-60 7.5 standard ive only got a cat back and k&n pannel filter on to improve things

hi and welcome!!!

im assuming the vti is an older civic? we've just sold our 05 civic type r and its the best car tony says he has owned!! looks great and is damn quick in standard spec considering the competition in its price range.... handling was superb even in tight corners.. going from vti if its standard to n/a supra you should see a performance gain:D

i think the NA is supposed to be high 6's Pop along to our meet later in the month if you like a good mix of cars will be there. NA's, TTs and a few single. Ill take you for a drive in my UK TT if you like. But it might put you off the NA :p

the tt is way out my buget 9-10k for a good one :rolleyes:

9-10K for a good one? The one i bought 2 weeks ago cost me £7k with 60K on the clock and there is not a scratch on her, like she just rolled off the production line. You must be able to find some TT's for less than 10K

all i can say is ive a very heavy right foot with a tt id never be out the petrol station £1.05 per litre :rolleyes:

You will find that with a heavy right foot 1 of 2 (or maybe both) things will happen.

You will crash and not be able to afford to repair/get another

You will have a scare and drive like a girl for the rest of your ownership :p

If you have a heavy right foot you will find the fuel comsumption of a TT and a NA isn't that much different.

Driving a supra is different to a civic. You cant afford to hoon around all the time or you end up being sideways.

I should know i span my NA last year in the middle of summer on a dry day going uphill. Blew a tyre on the curb and my rear end almost took out a kid on a bike on the pavement. i only missed him by a foot or so.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=147230

uk mkiv tt supra in storm blue

Year: 1994 Colour: storm blue Model: UK Transmission: Automatic Asking Price: 6800 Condition: Good

And this one just sold...

RSP Face lift TT For sale

Year: 1998 Colour: RSP Model: RZ-S Facelift Transmission: Tiptronic Asking Price: 7400 Condition: Good

hey, my last car was a delsol vti (b16) and i now own a supra N/A and i have noticed a good difference in acceleration. it won't blow your socks off like a turbo supra but the N/A are a little underated. i sometimes think how i would like a turbo but everytime i'm behind the wheel of my N/A i never think about it.. everyones oppinions will differ tho. but yes, you should notice a difference in power over the vti. :)

hey, my last car was a delsol vti (b16) and i now own a supra N/A and i have noticed a good difference in acceleration. it won't blow your socks off like a turbo supra but the N/A are a little underated. i sometimes think how i would like a turbo but everytime i'm behind the wheel of my N/A i never think about it.. everyones oppinions will differ tho. but yes, you should notice a difference in power over the vti. :)

:) one of the things im looking forwards 2 is the drifting on track maybe a little blip off a Roundabout ive loved the look of the supra since i was a kid so it will be a dream come true to own one the civic never seemed very special to me but the supra will !:eyebrows:

:) one of the things im looking forwards 2 is the drifting on track maybe a little blip off a Roundabout ive loved the look of the supra since i was a kid so it will be a dream come true to own one the civic never seemed very special to me but the supra will !:eyebrows:

well the supra is a whole different beast to the honda. just take care to start with. take a couple of months of taking it easy when you buy the car and try and learn how to drive it.. don't get caught out by rain.. the first time the tail goes out you'll sh*t yourself.. :D

hi and welcome!!!

im assuming the vti is an older civic? we've just sold our 05 civic type r and its the best car tony says he has owned!! looks great and is damn quick in standard spec considering the competition in its price range.... handling was superb even in tight corners.. going from vti if its standard to n/a supra you should see a performance gain:D

Vti is quicker than a type r, basically since Honda's peak on the 1996 type r they have just got slower and slower and worse at handling, really does amaze me, I've got a civic v-tec (95 one) and it is so much better than the latest type R, it's unbelievable how bad the handling is on the new one, they put a torsion bar on it ffs :blink:

But anyway, yes, you will notice a difference.

well the supra is a whole different beast to the honda. just take care to start with. take a couple of months of taking it easy when you buy the car and try and learn how to drive it.. don't get caught out by rain.. the first time the tail goes out you'll sh*t yourself.. :D

lol i was a bus driver for 4 years and ive had a bus sideways on ice now thats sh*ting yourself lol btw it was completly unintentionally:D

Man...

I picked up a very nice TT Jspec, full BPU + FMIC Auto for £5K.

The owner thought there was some problem with the EGCV, nope. Some hoses were just on wrong. It's crazy how cheap these things are!

well like i said ive a buget im looking to spend about 3500k on a manual so anymore will be out my buget i guess ill own a ropy one as someone said but im ok with the old spanners so i should be ok if it needs a little tlc.

hello bud, ive had nearly every form of civic, a 1.3dx, ek3, eg6 sir, ek9(stolen :() and then my last honda being an ef8 crx sir! Now ive got a j-spec n/a manual and although the crx was probably alot more fun to drive than the supra, (even being an n/a) its in a completely different league. It somehow seems like its a slightly more mature car :p, since owning a supra I will probably progress on to get a turbo but I can assure you, you won't be disappointed! Good luck with getting one mate,

Luke