The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mega Monster Brakes

TopgunTT

Guest Garfy
Didnt know they could be, if they are i will take them back to the garage.

I thought they should be so that as the wheel goes round it throws any water out, but I could be wrong.

I think different disks have different requirements, I have just received a KAD front upgrade kit which are on bells with AP disks and the vanes pump air from the centre of the disk outwards in the direction of rotation.

They should be arranged like a wedge into the air i.e the vanes rise to the back of the car. The vanes seem to point the wrong way which is the way they are designed.

To back up this theory please see the below thread - yours look correct as the calipers are on the back of the disk so this is a pic of the drivers side of the car (UK). Vanes although a different design rise in the same directions.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=135390&highlight=KAD

I think different disks have different requirements, I have just received a KAD front upgrade kit which are on bells with AP disks and the vanes pump air from the centre of the disk outwards in the direction of rotation.

They should be arranged like a wedge into the air i.e the vanes rise to the back of the car. The vanes seem to point the wrong way which is the way they are designed.

To back up this theory please see the below thread - yours look correct as the calipers are on the back of the disk so this is a pic of the drivers side of the car (UK). Vanes although a different design rise in the same directions.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=135390&highlight=KAD

Yes your right, different makes seem to design them to work the same but differently, if that makes sense. Some have the grooves going forward and some backwards, thats ok then :)

Guest Garfy
Yes your right, different makes seem to design them to work the same but differently, if that makes sense. Some have the grooves going forward and some backwards, thats ok then :)

good news then :) better check mine now, lol.

my son just fitted 3g front discs on his supe and he phoned gaz up to ask which way the groves go and they are surpose to run to awards the back of the car so i think they are round the wrong way mate

thats not allways the case it all depends on which way the internal vanes are going, heres mine with arrows

car%20082.jpg

my son just fitted 3g front discs on his supe and he phoned gaz up to ask which way the groves go and they are surpose to run to awards the back of the car so i think they are round the wrong way mate

Reguarding the 3G front discs, i think the GR-10 and the RS-10 the grooves both flow backards, However i think you will find that the GR-20 run forwards, just hope you dont have them.