The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diff=Pain in the....

miles

got my new lsd today from deano h, me and a few mates from the forum decided to have a go at fitting it today. All went well, got the old diff off (well they did most of the work on this bit) the we got the new one in position and was wondering why the bolts wernt catching and doing up, so we took it back out and compared the diffs (which we should have done in the 1st place) and the new one has bigger flanges( i later found out that my facelift supe has a different diff to pre face lift) :( after all this my supe was still sitting there with half the back end off so had to put everything back on without the prospect of a bit of sideways action :( finally got it all back together and working but bit miffed that i cant go test the new lsd:(

never mind, i kinda know how to take a diff off a supra now and put it back on lol.

sorry for the long ramble.

half shafts from a preface lift i believe but someone may correct me on that? been told half shafts are a bugger to take off though so we will have to see when i have some money and have the motivation to take it all off again lol.

Ah was it your diff that Mike called me on earlier? Yeah, pre-facelift drive shafts have larger flanges compared to the smaller facelift ones. I've got loads of shafts in stock if you get stuck. Easy peezey to change. ;)

yeah it was me, sorry to disturb you on a sunday, i might be giving you a shout at some point but i will have to save up for a bit as i couldnt really afford the diff but couldnt resist lol.

cheers for you help :)