The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HUD Display

roscodav

I am no vette expert however it did look like the C5 (after a quick google picture check). I loved it, great ride and plenty of toys, but I would hate to park it though it was huge. Sadly enough it was not warm enough to take the hood down..

Engine sounds great and the car has a very big presence, but i think ill stick with my supra, its more practicle.... i never thought i would describe it as that!

Thanks Gaz, it looks frankly shit so that's £250 saved. If it displayed like the one on the Corvette website I'd have snapped it up :) Nasty lump on the dash with wires everywhere and you see the whole unit reflected in the windscreen rather than just the actual display :(

Looks like you also need a few other DEFI bits before it will even work?

-Ian

I took a Vette C5 for a test drive once...It was great.....till I drove it....it was all over the place....tiny mirrors couldn't see out the back....nowhere to fit Sat Naff as not a standard Double or single din unit...Supra is far superior....almost AlMOST bought one just the handling, the ergonomics, and the fact it was a left hooker...put me off in the end

:confused:

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Now Ian, I've had these discussions with you before, dont hold back for gods sake - say what you really think :eek: ;)

Gaz.

:eek: :eek:

Ian honestly......you can't say things like that.

:D

Well I kind of see ya point Ian....but I had a mate with an Evo who had this Heads Up unit and I was well impressed...At night you can't see the reflection of the actual unit at all, I'm sure there could be a way of fitting it flush so the box is hidden surely but to be honest it would'nt bother me too much.

But I guess its the same with the Snooper and such, my dashboard is already starting to looklike Grandmas Mantlepiece.

TBH i would like to have my Snooper flush fitted...not sure if this has or can be done.

:cool:

I guess I saw the OEM one in the Corvette and was expecting much the same from the DEFI one, got all excited, and was then sorely disappointed by the actual photo :(

I know HUDs work in this way, but, I couldn't help looking at it and thinking "it's just a box reflecting in the windscreen".

-Ian