The mkiv Supra Owners Club

standard bov

gavin.starr

what bov have you got on there. ive got a blitz one thats pretty good it was located between the intercooler pipe and the battery but i had to remove it when i put my new intercooler on do you recon ill be able to intergrate it into that space or is there going to be to much bodging to be done.

My old bov was a Sard R2D2 (YES REALLY), and it's not clear from that photo but it just connected by the two blue hoses, the reason it is over there is that there is a bracket that mounts the Bov on the suspension struts, so it's just the angle of the photo that makes it look more complicated than it is.

I'll se if I can find a better picture, I've replaced it now with a HQS SSQV, as the SARD was filling up with oil, and jamming :scare:

Mike

• 3 months later...

I have a the exact Blitz Bov with a much bigger aperture on a flange type thing. I'm looking to get it welded onto my FMIC piping.

Would live to get the Supra specific fitting kit if possible?

Surely it is as you can buy replacement parts etc for the bov.

Anyone?

Found this photo of the hks one installed. http://www.od-dg330.de/gross/131_3112.jpg

I take it that its not actually attatched to the engine, just suspended by the hoses?

Is there any reason as to why the pipe length for the HKS BOV is always far too long? I have seen so many installed and the small pipe is always too long and wrapped up around the bay, as in this shot. I cut mine to length to fit it - is that wrong?:search:

Is there any reason as to why the pipe length for the HKS BOV is always far too long? I have seen so many installed and the small pipe is always too long and wrapped up around the bay, as in this shot. I cut mine to length to fit it - is that wrong?:search:

i beleive its that long as it also fits the impreza and it needs that length to get aorund the engine bay, i cut mine down to a nice short length as have many others.