The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rare supra supercharger, look, lol

DODGYDODDS

You'd get away with a cheap piggy back unit with that and slinging in some stock 550's. The power would not be awesome but you'd get a hell of a lot more oomph out of it from alot lower down the rev range making it alot nippier in town. Thats a worm gear eaton type of charger by the looks of it which are not notorius for flowing huge volumes of charge but are incredibly powerfull from low down. You'd expect to see one of these mounted on your inlet manifold as close to the charge airs point of entrance into the engine as possible not strapped down in lieu of the air con pump. You'd also be losing your air con. The biggest cost and ball ache with this one would be the pipework and intercooling and the routing of said items. And I agree with gav its a tad shabby looking isn't it.

You'd get away with a cheap piggy back unit with that and slinging in some stock 550's. The power would not be awesome but you'd get a hell of a lot more oomph out of it from alot lower down the rev range making it alot nippier in town. Thats a worm gear eaton type of charger by the looks of it which are not notorius for flowing huge volumes of charge but are incredibly powerfull from low down. You'd expect to see one of these mounted on your inlet manifold as close to the charge airs point of entrance into the engine as possible not strapped down in lieu of the air con pump. You'd also be losing your air con. The biggest cost and ball ache with this one would be the pipework and intercooling and the routing of said items. And I agree with gav its a tad shabby looking isn't it.

Stock 550's wont fit a NA rail, i think boostlogic do some drop in injectors for the NA though:)

Well it's an interesting idea... You can supercharge the 1UZ V8, so why not the 2JZ? Obviously it's not just bolt on and go
So much easier with a V8, though, even a 1UZ, because you can mount it in the "V".... and you can buy a manifold off the (antipodean) shelf.

Stock 550's wont fit a NA rail, i think boostlogic do some drop in injectors for the NA though:)

Ah you are right but don't the turbo MK3 injectors fit and deliver better fuel? Ah yes in fact thinking about it the NA has 380's and the mk3 tubby has 440's that slot straight into the rail????

A supercharger is in fact what you are looking for chappy but there is yet to be an off the shelf package designed. When shane (I think its shane) has finished his maybe you could blueprint that setup from him?

• 2 weeks later...

A supercharger is in fact what you are looking for chappy but there is yet to be an off the shelf package designed. When shane (I think its shane) has finished his maybe you could blueprint that setup from him?

Only just seen this thread as I have been a bit tied up with other stuff of late, new bird, dad dying, promotion/new position at work, Corsa dying, teenage son giving me grief etc.. But I have very recently had the broken shaft on my charger repaired and am planning if the weather is good next weekend to start playing again with it. We discovered that the height of the shaft support bearing was just over 10thou out which is me th most likely cause of the shaft shearing last year. All shimmed up now and ready to go. Regarding the Ebay one shown here, I am not sure if it would produce that enough boost to be that beneficial if it was designed for a 2 litre, depends on how much boost it was producing on that I guess, but that would be my main concern. But, the idea of fitting it where the AC pump lives is one I looked at and would have have preffered on mine, but there was no way I could have got it in.