The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a Supra in Southampton

den1

hi mate its look a decent car and its a big bonus having UK spec brakes. However this is a little high in my opinion for a automatic, you could get a manual 6 speed for this sort of money.

Hi There,s another on there but this cost even more

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280215611566&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

yeah that has been on for a while i got my tt 6 speed in january and it was on ebay then. I got my 6 speed manual for 6000 although it needed new discs and pads all round (not much change out of £500!)The UK spec brakes are very expensive when it comes to discs, this is because the front discs are handed(left and right, dont ask me why as i couldnt work it out lol) and as a result they are seprate part numbers, sorry for going off on a tangent just wanted you to know the cost of these things lol. i would say budget 6500-7000 for a decent 6 speed manual, would probably be pre face lift though. if you need any more advice feel free to ask!

and what do you think of the car .......

you could do a lot worse IMO..............however there are some (admittedly higher mileage) later facelift auto's for similar money that have been over here for a few years with possibly checkable history. The car has a good auction grade and i'm sure its a good example but is it all converted and cat 1 alarmed etc etc.......ie possibly some extra costs a 'uk resident' import won't have......

I always wonder about the so-called import dealers in Southampton and those that operate in the general area of the port. You will normally find that most of the 'importers' buy their stock straight from the two auction houses at Dock Gate 4 and 10 - none of this private import b@ll@cks;)

I always wonder about the so-called import dealers in Southampton and those that operate in the general area of the port. You will normally find that most of the 'importers' buy their stock straight from the two auction houses at Dock Gate 4 and 10 - none of this private import b@ll@cks;)

One that I went to didn't even have the auction grades for the cars. He said that he bought them from private auctions in Japan that didn't grade the car or something. Way too fishy for my liking so I walked away there and then! :)